two (late) notes on orks

From: Albert Farr� Benet <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 23:30:50 +0100

ZZZZZZZ...(teleportation activating)

I had some free time today and I have been doing some revision on (the lot of) messages from the last two months. I just have two questions/opinions on orks, if still open to discussion.

The Landa has a nice (orky, I would say) landing roll with scatter and artillery dice. Though the idea it's OK in my opinion, I must say that I think that a result of misfire in the artillery dice should also imply scatter unless a hit is rolled in the scatter dice. I think the rules in v5A state that a crash implies a direct hit on target.

The second point is the "extra support" cards. Personally I like the old idea of adding second (and third) clan cards. We experimented with that some time ago, and it worked quite fine (fear a BIG kult of speed running amok all over the table without orders. THAT was chaos). Instead of adding 1-5 boyz support cards (more flexible, I admit) you add some boyz and a proportional quantity of Nobz.

Just my 2 cents.

ZZZZZZZZ....(back to hard work for still another month)

Albert