Re: Re: [NetEpic ML] Tyranids vs Squats

From: Albert Farr� Benet <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 14:16:42 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: <eivind.borgeteien_at_...>
To: <netepic_at_yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2003 1:38 PM
Subject: Re: Re: [NetEpic ML] Tyranids vs Squats

> I know, we are really a pain in the b...
> And we are not members of the European Union either :-))

oh, don't worry, sooner or later you'll end up being assimilated...
resistance is futile... ;-)

> But seriously, it is real hard break on the squats with their 75% BP,
therefore you wont be able to break many of their companies, and thus
"loose" VPs you otherwise would have gotten versus other opponents. Thats
why I think it is OK that pays off to wipe them out completely.

> Eivind

I see the reasoning is mostly the same as for nils, and the same "but" I
give to you (see the other mail I just sent to the list). Oh, damn laziness
of mine... :-)

Another point though,

If we just go to the other side, thus, robot cards seem a must against Nids,
since they are cheap just have to be sitting and firing incoming critters
and yield normale VP when they are wiped out (never break). Shall I say it
looks like Gouda? Still if they gave double VP when wiped out are even
harder to break than squats and no VP bonus for high break point.

Albert

> > Fra: Albert Farr� Benet <cibernyam_at_...>
> > Dato: 2003/11/27 Thu PM 01:27:10 CET
> > Til: <netepic_at_yahoogroups.com>
> > Emne: Re: [NetEpic ML] Tyranids vs Squats
> >
> > I didn't want to offend anyone, just that all answers I received had
nothing
> > to do with what I was talking about. Noone still has explained me why is
it
> > fair that squats yield more VP when they are wiped out than other
armies.
> > And I'm not questioning extra VP for breaking squat units or tyranids
> > conditions for earning VP.
> >
> > You said:
> >
> > >It is very hard to break IG, and equally hard to wipe out. They also
have
> > monstrous firepower to take you out before you manage to close in on
them,
> > much like the Squats.
> > > Remember that bugs dont get VPs for OPs either, and it is quite hard
> > kill EVERY stand in a unit.
> >
> > I agree completely, but still I don't see where this is related to give
more
> > VP against Squats than any other army.
> >
> > I don't want to offend anyone, just that I would like to see a good
> > reasoning behind that.
> >

> > Albert

Squats
> > and Bugs. However, I have played bugs vs IG, witch is fairly
comparatible.
> > It is very hard to break IG, and equally hard to wipe out. They also
have
> > monstrous firepower to take you out before you manage to close in on
them,
> > much like the Squats.
> > >
> > > Remember that bugs dont get VPs for OPs either, and it is quite hard
> > kill EVERY stand in a unit.
> > >
> > > To summarise; I dont think we need to make any adjustments to this
rule.

> > I think that the problem is NOT with the general ruling of tyranids.
> >
> > It is with the fact that Squat yield more VP for detachment which gives
> > clear disavantatge against Tyranids. And if you add the fact that squats
> > *usually* don't have large numbers, it's not so difficult to score this
> > bonus points for nothing.
> >
> > In other words (I hope this is clearer), breaking squat units is harder,
> > which is balanced with extra VP. Wiping Squat units is not any harder
that
> > any other army, but they give extra VP. Why?
> >
> > I'll write an exemple:
> >
> > a eldar unit of 5 stands that costs 150 points, gives 2 VP when broken(3
> > units), when Tyranids wipe it out, gives 2 VP. Total 4 VP for 150
points.
> > Nothing to say. You killed 5 stands that costed 150 points, you get
twice
> > their cost/value in VP
> >
> > a squat unit of 5 stands (let's say berserkers) costs 150 points, gives
3 VP
> > when broken(4 units). Until here, ok, you break it later, you get bonus
VP.

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/