Re: [NetEpic ML] Tyranids vs Squats

From: Angel <angel_stranded_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 15:42:40 -0000

I think the idea of Squats holding out is based on their fluff.
Marines will withdraw when it is tactically wise, Orks will turn and
run when they realise they're being beaten, and Eldar will give up if
their hair gets dirty or they break a fingernail <j/k>. But Squats
will fight to the bitter end, and not retreat as long as there is a
tiny glimmer of hope remaining. When a 20-stand company is down to 5
stands, they might grudgingly retreat - but they'll be mighty angry
about it. Many Squats would rather die than run away, and the BP
reflects that.

> Good question. I dont really know. Although I suspect the answer is
> no. If you adjust the break point and lower the cost I think you'd
get
> the same effect.

If you lower the cost, you'll just end up with more Squats.

> Although perhaps the real answer lies in "feel" and "character" of
the
> squat army. Pretty subjective, but important nonetheless

Being true to the fluff is very important to a Squat army.

Steve