Re: [NetEpic ML] Tyranids vs Squats

From: ramospeter <primarch_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 15:50:58 -0000

> Being true to the fluff is very important to a Squat army.
>
> Steve

Hi!

Isn't it why we are all here? <grin>

While good rule mechanics are important the maintaince of fluff and
armies "feel and character" are of such high importance that net
epic wouldn't exist of it weren't for that fact.

So turning this discussion around, changing the way Tyranids acrue
Vp's would change the way they feel.

I once tinkered with eliminating the tyranid rule and let them
accrue VP's like anyone else, while it works from a mechanical point
of view, they didn't behave very "tyranid-like". I think sometimes
we need to put up with rules that may not seem all that logical just
because it makes that army different from the others.

Albert, I think Squats have a higher win ratio most of the time
because it takes getting use how to play against them due to the
high break point, but I think it has more to do with the opponents
than the rules. While I differ on some points, I think everyone
interested in this topic should make a point of playing a lot of
Squat versus tyranids game to confirm or deny the debated premise.

Of course there are ways of beating the squats with tyranids, but
thats another thread.

Peter