Re: Building a Hellworm

From: Angel <angel_stranded_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 13:12:38 -0000

Well, that was educational :)

Technically, Plastruct don't make any tubing over 12.7mm (1/2")
diameter. Not in the modelling line, anyway. But the whole model
supply is just a sideline, most of their sales are to industrial
companies. If I want anything over 1/2", I have to go to the
industrial stock.

They make a 19.1mm ABS tube which sounds like a good place to start,
and it's only �3.20. However, they have a minimum order of �12 and
what on earth would I do with the other 3 lengths of tube?
Fortunately they also make a 15.9mm tube (which might be better for
the Hellworm), 14.3mm, 12.7, 11.1 and 9.3mm tube. So I ordered one
of each, which made �13.30 and now I've got my minimum order :) Add
another 3-4 quid for postage, it should be here sometime next week.

The best bit was when I made sure these were 300mm lengths. Oh no,
she said, this is the industrial line - they're all 900mm long! I
can make a lot of Hellworms with 36" of tubing...

Steve