Re: [NetEpic ML] Space Marine allies

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 18:03:09 -0400

Albert Farr� Benet wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I would say never to SM vs Orks, but as you can never say never, I would
>only allow under special conditions, which means, only in an very well
>defined scenario or campaign game and with lots of penalties for both
>armies. Same holds for IG allied with orks. And actually anything that tries
>to fight alongside orks, should have LOTS of penalties. Also for fluff
>reasons.
>
>I think the point in penalizing different chaos powers when playing together
>was for balance reasons (and some fluff too). They got very good specialized
>units in each field though in different powers. Thus, when you played all
>powers you get all strengths added and all weakness mended.
>
>Allowing such thing as SM allying orks goes against this previous reasoning.
>The only "exception" to this rule is playing SM with IG and this has been
>allowed *only* for fluff reasons. Obvoiously, under game balance approach
>this is an awful combination since they complement themselves perfectly as
>the limitations from SM are the strengths of IG and viceversa. The only BUT
>is that IG command limitations always made them complicate allies to manage
>even in small numbers (specially in small numbers, I could add).
>
>Any small possibility that allows orks allying with any creature not green
>should add some (a lot) of penalizations, including but not limited to: -1
>initiative (or always losing initiative), no extra CC bonus when
>outnumbering with two units of different armies, animosity, random orders
>changes or morale tests to move closer to ork units. Either one, some or all
>the penalties. Can you imagine team working with a bunch of orks in your
>job?
>
>In conclusion, if someone wants to make a
>bad-enemies-make-good-bed-companions-scenario I don't have any problem, but
>as a general rule I would say an ABSOLUTE NO. Orks go their very own way
>always.
>
>Albert

Hi!

Eldar, Squats and the Imperium, while they have differences and will
fight each other, they will almost always ally with each other when the
opponent is Orks, Tyranids or Chaos.

Tyranids will ally with no one, regardless of benefit.

Orks dont really ally with anyone, since they either dominate or are
asilimated by tyranids or chaos. So, like tyranids, Orks should never
ally either.

Chaos would ally with virtually anyone, if its convenient, but since
everyone distrusts them or hates them they find themselves without
allies either.

Slann or necron will ally with anyone against Tyranids, excpet maybe
Chaos. They would just annhilate the orks for not complying with them.

Peter