Re: Rule for Outnumbering

From: Stephane Montabert <kotrin_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 08:15:35 -0800 (PST)

2
>units can engage 1 unit of infantry class; no more
>than 4 to 1 superheavy / knight class; no more than 6
>to 1 pretorian and no more than 8 to 1 titan.

>Mete

Hi Mete, thanks for jumping in the discussion!

I am glad to see that your group felt the need of
restricting outnumering too.

This rule assigns restriction the other way around, by
limiting the amount of unit assaulting based on class
size of the target.
However, the size of the attacker is not taken into
account, eg. by your group house rule "no more than 8
titans and/or infantry stands against a single enemy
titan". Well... :o)
Second, there is a wild assumption about those
numbers. Limiting infantry fights to 2:1 ratio does
not reflect the base size involved, since a single
infantry stand can be assaulted by up to 6 enemy
stands. Why 2 and not 3 or 6, is difficult to justify
- even if I understand that a limit clearly has to be
defined.

The limitation sounds therefore a bit too arbitrary
for me, even if I am glad you perceived the problem in
allowing an attacker too much freedom on the way he
assaults.

Could you work on it and make a further proposal ?

Stephane

=====
Stephane "The Guy Without A Nickname" Montabert
"It's better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Eric Wujcik