R: [NetEpic ML] Re: Rule for Outnumbering

From: Deda <crystalmir_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 17:37:30 +0100

I think that a good rule could copy the one used for dogfights, as long as
the charge move allows it...

Uhm....

- The Charging unit nearest to the enemy charges the nearest enemy unit
- The 2nd nearest Charging unit charges the first nearest unengaged enemy
unit as long as its movement distance allows it, otherwise may charge an
already engaged unit in its charge range.
- And so on...

Notes
1) A rule about "How many X size units may engage in H2H an Y size unit"
could be made to prevent any "100 to 1" situations, but I think Mete's house
rule is a bit too restrictive.. I think as Stephane does, but could be
worked.

2) This rule could lead to some unrealistic moves, but after all it's a H2H,
so some mess could occur anyway. The charging units could be simply moved in
base to base contact with the enemy even if the model does not have the
chance to move freely to that point on the table (due to intervening troops,
in example), providing there's enough space for the model to actually be
placed in B2B contact with the chosen enemy.

3) I hope to have been clear enough...my english is not SO good, so in many
occasions I simply decide to stay back and not partecipate to ruling
discussions...I fear I cannot explain myself clearly enough... But since I
understood how my Hellbore worsk I'm getting more involved in H2H and toying
with the idea to sometimes leave home a Colossus and a pair of Overlords..
^_^

Cheers!

-Andrea