Re: R: [NetEpic ML] Re: Rule for Outnumbering

From: darius spano <dmanspano_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 05:17:02 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
In our group we usually charge into one unit and if
you outnumber an opponent match them up evenly and
then double and triple up with the extra troops.

I like the rule that you must charge the nearest enemy
and not select it. But we could make this more
complicated byallowing you to charge a further away
opponent but having to pass a morale test first. If
failed the squad would lose its move. For most
infantry with a 20cm charge the closest enemy unit may
be 2 different squads. Charging a tank would be silly
because it breakaway unless it has already moved so
infnatry charging infantry or cavalry would be more
sensible.

I think 4 attackers can fit around an infantry bases
as can 4 for rhinos, whirlwinds and landraiders
(medium sized vehicles). Super heavies can be attacked
by up to 6 units in CC and a titan 16 infnatry or 8
medium sized vehicles or a combination of the two
equalling 16 (a medium sized vehicle equals 2 infantry
stands).

I would like to see CC resolved like in Warmaster,
whereas the winning units could continue their CC with
the unit it assaulted until there is a clear winner.

I love CC.
Darius