Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Rule for Outnumbering

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:49:20 -0400

Stephane Montabert wrote:

>I have updated submission up to that point in my web
>page. I wait for comment and additional proposals
>before, I guess, a vote takes place.
>
>http://www.stephane.info/show.php?code=GangUp
>
>Thanks for your interest in this topic!
>
> Stephane

Hi!

After seeing the comments regarding close combat resolution, I guess its
time to chime in....

After many years or playing this game and hundreds of games under my
belt, intuitively I think the best solution "gamewise" is two simply
curtail "ganging up" on stands until all other stands within charge
range are engaged. Its the simplest, easiest and in my view "fairest"
solution. It means attackers will have to assault in force and cheese
tactics of overwhelming one or two stands on the objective while
ignoring nearby ones would be eliminated with this approach. This would
favor horde armies like orcs, IG and tyranids, but thats okay. Balancing
that would be small but very good units like terminators and eldar
aspect warriors which now become a more difficult proposition to
attackers since they need to be ganged up on.

As far as how many units can engage "x" unit. I would make the general
rule that for a model to "fit" and thus be eligible for close combat,
most of its front base need to be in contact (thus only a corner of the
base that touches is not enough). The idea of a limit of attackers per
unit size can be introduced as a alternate/optional rule or interpreation.

My two cents.

Primarch