Re: R: [NetEpic ML] How much would you pay for a net epic rulebook?

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 21:50:42 -0800

Hi!

Deda wrote:

>I don't know what "Perfect Bound" is..but if it is the one done with glue, I
>prefer spiral. The top would be a "real" binding (like, to keep the same
>example, the current D&D books...but I think it's a difficult one to
>achieve).

Yes, its the one with the glue, cheap, but not good binsing. I prefer
the spiral one since it can be laid out flat on the gaming table without
anything to keep it open.

>WELL...I'd spend the money just for a totally finished product! I'd buy it
>just after being sure every possible rules debates, clarification or
>misprinting would be absent. Obviously I am only speaking about
>group-dependant problems, not caused by the print company or bookbinder (I
>volunteer from now to read the final products to look for misprints and the
>like before they go to print!).
>
>I wouldn't spend the money for a book I can print at zero cost myself,
>altough in B&W, if there's a risk it becomes "obsolete" after a short while!

Thats a pretty good point I hadn't thought of. In net epic nothing is
really "set in stone", but there is truth in that this revision is the
last of the "great" revisions. I dont see any further big changes just
additions of new units which doesn't invalidate a book, but add to it.

Also, I dont know how cheap someone can just download it, print it and
get it bound at Kinkos or something like that, so thats a consideration.

>On the other hand, a well done book, with well done and well discussed rules
>like the 5.0 is going to be would be well worth its price, and the oversea
>shipping!

We'll try our darnest to make our best version yet!

Peter