R: R: [NetEpic ML] How much would you pay for a net epic rulebook?

From: Deda <crystalmir_at_...>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 09:59:51 +0100

> Yes, its the one with the glue, cheap, but not good binsing.
> I prefer the spiral one since it can be laid out flat on the gaming table
without anything to keep it open.

Definitely I prefer the spiral, then, altough it "spoils" a bit of the
professional-looking book feel! ^__^

>In net epic nothing is really "set in stone" <snip!>

And it's why Net Epic is good! After all, I keep (as many others) buying 40K
Codices that are light years away from being set in stone...actually both
the 40k army lists and rules seem rather to have been set in marmalade.

I think Net Epic's life lies in constant evolution, confrontation and change
BUT I think that 5.0 should be a sort of "re-starting point". As to say...
'till now we got so far, and this are the definitive rules we produced. From
now on we'll start working on them again, but this can be a definitive set
you can use forever. Having downloaded version (IIRC) 3.somthing, 4.1 and
the trial 5 I alaways seen a certain degree of "debate still open" on
certain topics, units and so on.

What I meant to say is: everything will be on the 5.0 book should be totally
definitive (tons of polls incoming!.. ^^) ...but obviously just for version
5.0! Then, anyone will be free to stick to the 5.0 rulebook (like many
people who still stick to the Space Marine/Titan Legions rules without a
change) knowing he/she is playing with a solid and balanced ruleset, AND/OR
keep discussing and testing the new changes will come.

>We'll try our darnest to make our best version yet!

No doubt it will!

-Andrea