Re: New file uploaded to netepic [SM army book]

From: Stephane Montabert <kotrin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 02:19:08 -0700 (PDT)

I've particularily enjoyed the "meta-game" comments,
as they perfectly fit with my own view of the game.

Despite this, I just wanted to tell that there are
already a BIG precedent to that case: Khorne war
engines, which receive +1 to hit, +1 to saving throw
and +1D6 to CAF when the Khornate player leads in
victory points.

I don't know if it has already been suggested and I'm
no Salamander expert, but what about a thing like that
for Salamanders ?

Infantry stands could receive +1 (or +2, +1D6,
whatever) to CAF for the next turn when they are
LOSING the game in terms of victory points at the end
of a turn. This would illustrate their resolve against
superior odds.

I wouldn't go that far as Khorne bonus though. To
balance things out, Salamanders can be 1) more
expensive or 2) worse in CC (which is the case in
W40k) than their SM counterparts.

  Stephane

=====
Stephane "The Guy Without A Nickname" Montabert
"It's better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Eric Wujcik