Re: [NetEpic ML] Some thing about V5

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 18:45:42 -0400

Hi!

Archi Magister F�ag�l wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I start to make some remarks.
>

> ELDARS :
>
> Farseer would be better on a vyper. In 40k,
> eldar characters are on a platform (in place of
> shuriken canon). So, he would be only armed with
> a single shuriken catapult.

I'm not sure if someone had proposed this as an optional unit. Do you
know Jar?

> I think Striking Scorpions and Howling
> Banshee are too mighty in close combat. +6 is
> too much. +3 would be more rigth. With a
> laspistol (25 cm, 5+).
> Theses Eldar Aspects are not better
> than imperial assault SM. Theirs special
> rules are more than enough.

True, this is an old "inconsistency". Problem is to change it might
cause unforseen balance problems in the eldar army. I would test the
theory and then perhaps submit the results to the group.

> CHAOS :
>
> I don't understand why a Khorne army
> may include Slaanesh... but not Tzeench !
> Why a Tzeench army may include Nurgle...
> but not Khorne !
> Why a Nurglee army may include Tzeench...
> but not Slaanesh. Why a Slaanesh army may include
> Khorne... but not Nurgle.
>
> Normaly, Khorne is opposed to Slaanesh
> and Tzeench to Nurgle.
> Not Khorne against Tzeench and not
> Slaanesh against Nurgle.

Version 5.0 has some optional animosity rules that will correct this.

> IMPERIAL SPACE MARINES
>
> I don't understand why the more polyvalent
> troops are allways dressed with theirs rhinos !
> It's a real handicap in full of grounds
> like jungle, ruined city, mountain...
> It's allways an handicap for assault marines.
> Assault marines are equiped with jetpack to advance
> unimpeded. But rhinos are like a chain-and-ball
> punishment ! :o(
> In SM2/TL, I created/calculated SM without
> rhinos support cards and company cards. It's better.
>
> I think that SM would be able to have
> better fire skill. Like 4+.

I agree in principal, but since GW burdened us with a d6 system a +1
bonus (or penalty) is just too much and causes balance issues. This is
something that has been tried and in my experience makes SM too good.

> GENERAL
>
> In SM2/TL, I concede a +1 bonus against
> infantery for all anti-personnel weapon like
> bolter, storm bolter & co... To give infantery
> back the like, I add a modifier to fire against
> it equal to TSM.

Not a bad idea. What has been your experience with it?

Peter