Re: [NetEpic ML] Unit Proposal: Imperial Guard Whiteshields

From: cibernyam <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:30:10 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "pariahpress" <pariahpress_at_...>
To: <netepic_at_yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 8:45 AM
Subject: [NetEpic ML] Unit Proposal: Imperial Guard Whiteshields

> Whiteshields, or probitors, are young Imperial Guardsmen in
> training. They have not earned in battle the right to put unit
> insignia on their uniforms, and thusly wear blank white badges.
> Usually they are integrated as squads into Imperial Guard platoons,
> but occasonally entire platoons of whiteshields are deployed.
>
> Whiteshield stand
> Move: 10cm
> Saving Throw: None
> CAF: -1
> Weapons:
> Lasguns: Range: 50cm, Attack Dice: 1, To Hit Roll: 6+, TSM: 0.
>
> Imperial Guard
> Whiteshield Platoon
> 10 Whiteshield stands
> Break Point: 5, Morale: 4, Victory Points: 2, Cost: 150.
> You may not have more than one Whiteshield Platoon per company.
>

> What do y'all think?

----> Cheaper than cheaper, but I don't think it is very fluffy. IG does
not have training squads as such mixed with a veteran army, but raises
entire armies all at once IIRC. I suppose training (if any) is performed all
at once after conscription. In any case, IG already has really already cheap
infantry with penal batallions, militia and generally speaking, all PDF
units. I also don't think the spirit of the IG army comprises any such unit
unless under very strange conditions, like a siege in a war of attrition.

In any case I would add some extra restrictions: Morale should be 5, like
other armies green troops, which always have at least 1 point less morale.
One stand should be the sergeant with IG tactical profile(section HQ).
Special card.