Re: [NetEpic ML] Unit Proposal: Imperial Guard Whiteshields

From: Jyrki Saari <mojarn_piett_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 05:17:42 -0700 (PDT)

--- cibernyam <cibernyam_at_...> wrote:

> [...]

They do, even in the newest fluff (I own the latest IG
codex and they have a doctrine called "conscript
squads" or somesuch. ;o) ). However, the Whiteshields
hail from Rogue Trader days and are IM(NS)HO _very_
fluffy. In the original fluff IG troops took their
families along and their offspring were drafted into
the regiment.

> I suppose training
> (if any) is performed all
> at once after conscription. In any case, IG already
> has really already cheap
> infantry with penal batallions, militia and
> generally speaking, all PDF
> units. I also don't think the spirit of the IG army
> comprises any such unit
> unless under very strange conditions, like a siege
> in a war of attrition.
>
> In any case I would add some extra restrictions:
> Morale should be 5, like
> other armies green troops, which always have at
> least 1 point less morale.
> One stand should be the sergeant with IG tactical
> profile(section HQ).
> Special card.

Special card is OK, but the morale is fine sa it is as
they desperately try to prove themselves worth the
status of a full guardsman. In fact, in Rogue Trader
they were immune to psychology.

Jyrki Saari