Re: NetEpic future

From: Stephane Montabert <kotrin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 23:43:26 -0700 (PDT)

> > Make new army cards which are more compatable with
> > how the minis are packaged these days. I. E.
> > units of two (2) Deathstrikes, etc.

> I like this suggestion, but I have a feeling there'd
> be massive resistance to it.

Hi, massive resistance speaking ;)

I find that NetEpic is not only a set of rules for
placing orders and handling close-combat, but also for
army composition. I especially like it in its current
form. Special Cards and Free cards can make it a bit
abstract, but the company / detachment makes perfect
sense and truly reflect the massive organization of an
army fielded for a large engagement.

Anyhow, we could allow more flexibility in army
composition without breaking current rules. We could
just allow under-strengh unit, but adjusting cost to
the 5 or 10 nearest point, knowing that breaking the
frame could only be a (light) disadvantage, but
reflecting wears and tears of battered down fighters.

For example, since a Deathstrike missile battery is
made of 3 launchers for 200 points (if I remember
correctly) we could say that each launcher is in fact
worth 70 pts. So it would be 70 for one (break
point:1), 140 for two (break point:1) and 200 for
three (break point:2 and a 10 pts rebate for taking a
full detachment).
Or we could decide for 65 points each and saying that
the additional unit needed to reach break point for a
unit of three is well worth the 5 extra points.

Such approach would allow greater flexibility in army
composition while letting some reward for fielding
complete units. But of course it would require a
massive update of all army books.

Waddayathink?

 Stephane

=====
.:: www.stephane.info ::.
"It's better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Eric Wujcik