Chaos Army B ook (Long)

From: Mete SENYOL <kume1967_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:31:09 -0000

Hi all,

I did not have time before to review chaos rules, even though I did
volunteered to be one of the chaos reviewers.

But I am back now and have some comments:

For the hatred acording to GW fluff Khorne hates Slaanesh, and
Tzeentch hates Nurgle. But in chaos army book of netepic it is
Khorne vs Tzeentch, Slaanesh vs Nurgle. I did not know the
discussion but Rubric of Ahriman is cast to prevent the changes,
which Nurgle favours. Slaanesh likes torture where Khorne wants good
fight. I think GW way is more logical.

For the Pinning in Greater Daemons section we can add Lord of
Battles too to the exception with Plague Tower as it is considered
as a Greater Daemon.

For Terror, Since a Greater Daemon is considered as a Knight Class,
in my opinion superheavies should not be immun to "No First Fire"
rule as they can be pinned by Greator Daemons.

A question for the animosity rule. Does it cover only the Greater
Daemons that hate each other or is it covers all the Greater Daemons?

In the Daemon Engines section it is writen that Khorne Daemon
engines cannot be given Advance or First Fire orders. In the
previous editions this was "as can only be given advance or charge
orders". If we cannot give them advance order how can we fire their
ranged attacks? And for the cannons of Khorne they can be only fired
in first fire orders we can enter this as an exception to the
summary.

In the Slaanesh list Fiends of Slaanesh entry it is writen as "Any
unit in close combat with Daemonettes must make an armour..." I
think daemonettes should be Fiends of Slaanesh.

In the Tzeentch List Disc Raiders entry it is writen that they may
transport one infantry stand. Although as a chaos player I will like
to have 5 units for 200 points with transport ability. I don't think
they are capable of transporting any unit. I think this is a typo.

I will read the Chaos marines section later.

This is my comments for now.

Hope you will make comments on these and the list will be more
active in the future.

Regards,

Mete