Re: Battle Group Change

From: Stephane Montabert <kotrin_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 01:37:48 -0800 (PST)

It's an excellent idea.

I know many people have been struggling to ban Titan
Battle Group, but IMHO they are a very interesting
addition to the game. The free hull was way over the
top, but the suggestion you made makes perfect sense.

Instead of having the little extra HQ units for free
in case of a large infantry or tank company, the titan
battle group would yield no point rebate at all, but
just free special card slots. At least we could
finally see non-titan special cards...

And I'm not even sure for the 25 cm coherency. A unit
as large as a Titan is perfectly able to operate of
its own, no need for a Titan HQ or a chain of command.
But that's just me.

Stephane

> Message: 4
> Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:34:05 -0000
> From: "yar_underwood" <jarreas_at_...>
> Subject: Bettle Group Change
>
> I was looking at the Battle Group card and realized
> that the Titan
> Legions army (and by extention the Orks & Tyranids)
> should have a
> Company-level card for lots of titans. I agree that
> the 25 cm
> coherency isn't worth a 500-point hull, but being a
> Company Card is
> in and of itself a reasonable advantage. It allows
> another Special
> Card for one thing, and I figure that Orks in
> particular don't mind
> having more Support slots available.
>
> So here's my suggestion: Battle Groups are a 3-hull
> Company Card. You
> have to pay for everything (hulls and weapons) and
> the titans have a
> 25 cm coherency. This is opposed to taking up three
> Special slots for
> the exact same titans.
>
> Comments?
> -Yar

.:: www.stephane.info ::.
"It's better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Eric Wujcik