Re: [NetEpic ML] New file uploaded to netepic

From: cibernyam <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 00:46:34 +0100

Hi,

After reviewing (not in depth) the beta version of AA army book something
comes to my mind. First of all, sorry. I've been lately not too much aware
of list discussions and I cannot find the exact discussion about Grey
knights powering up Chaos army. Hence, I just open a new thread. Hope it's
not repeated.

IMHO the special abilities of grey knights should be balanced by a higher
unit cost and not by affecting Daemon cards and regeneration ability. Maybe
a 33 - 50 - 75 - 100 % extra cost could be sensible. But I don't find
reasonable nor balanced giving regeneration ability to ALL daemons and
double daemon cards because of a sole (or two or three) detachment(s)
selected. Note that the value of adding regeneration to the rest of Chaos
army completely surpasses the extra cost of old GK termies. Not to speak
about doubling daemon cards...

In the other hand, chapter special rules collide with specific unit rules
("Grey Knights") e.g. with regard to Psychic Save throw. Either one or the
other should be revised.

Apart from that, I would not allow the use of more than one complete company
card of grey knights (company + 5 support+Special).

Thus, I propose two options:
- Use Grey Knights as an usual Special card of 4 teleported GK Terminator
stands.(400 points) - keep conservative-
- Use Grey Knights as an *special* allied army composed of one company card,
up to five suport cards and up to one special card (obviously from the GK
army list). GK should count as allied points (from the *future* ordo
inquisitorium army list?) - optional chapter rules to be tested -

For the GK army list, I would use the same as any SM unit with proposed
extra abilities (daemon hunter and Psychic ST 5+ for infantry and bikes,
Psychic ST 5+ for the rest), save for characters (medic, tech,...), HQs and
elites which would have 4+ Psychic ST. Cost would be +50% for usual units
and +66% for characters and elites. Round up in all cases .Teleported
termies simply keep the present value (400 points). VP for breaking GK units
should be doubled due to their singularity.

Restriction should be added IMHO that GK support cards and special cards
(save for usual Special GK termies) can only be fielded as support or
special cards for GK companies.

I agree with GK army restriction to be only fieldable against Chaos (I
think that is completely out of discussion).

opinions?

On a side note: I would reword Ordo Maellus ruling to simply state it is a
daemon hunter with the extra TSM against daemons.

Albert