[NetEpic ML] Re: Chaos army book

From: Toma Diener <peyoterattle_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 04:16:05 -0000

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, Peter Ramos <primarch_at_c...> wrote:
> After reviewing all the messages I perceive that there is some
confusion
> from what the dissent is, and what the rule IS (Heck, I'm confused
too!).

Exactly! I think a vote is very premature at this point! I sort of
had that in the back of my mind when I pointed out that the poll left
out many viable options and locked us into a false tri-chotomy. Just
wish I had been able to articulate it that clearly to begin with!

> The rule as written, is that ALL demons, regardless of power suffer
from
> animosity. Even several demons from the same power dont like each other
> much.

Except it says specifically " Daemons from the same Power do not need
to make animosity checks". Still: it is more expansive than the poll
results: I kind of want to play-test the rule as it stands before
making sweeping reforms here!

 So in essence the rule as written is even more stern than what I
> prposed as "pervasive" animosity.
>
> Now, I think it should be discussed whether the rule as written is too
> much or okay.

I vote that the above is what the current Poll should be: moreover, I
think that it needs to be playtested out by voters rather than making
'gut' decisions here.

> I think as written, it addresses the game balance issues without
> ignoring pat or present fluff. Heck, a lot of the fiction promotes that
> animosity DOES apply to all demons even those that serve the same
power,
> since they are each others rival as much as the other powers.

I like it too: that was the gist of my option '4' in my counter-proposals.

> I beleive it solve the game balance issue and lets individuals dcide
who
> hates who more..... ;-)

The perfect solution indeed! What's that quote? "Instead of making
the game more restrictive, allow the players more flexibility....?"
...something like that....

T'oma
of The Most August Council
of Her Majesty's Royal Order