[NetEpic ML] Re: Tempest Companies

From: Toma Diener <peyoterattle_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 13:25:43 -0000

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, <nils.saugen_at_s...> wrote:
> Ahhh,
> This sure brings back memories... It was with a balanced Eldar force
> that I finally (After months of trying) managed to beat Slann... With
> all the rules revisions, we have lost some focus on the tactical aspect
> of the game... It's been fun to follow this thread! I want more :)

Whew! I was feeling badly for introducing the Thread: now I feel
Better! We certainly do need a Balance of 'Theory' and 'Practice' to
make this game keep evolving in a Healthy Manner--

> From: Peter Ramos [mailto:primarch_at_c...]
> Writing this brings back a lot of memories of eldar "cheesyballs" (all
> tempest armies, all aspect warrior armies, all jetbike armies). All
> these armies are brittle and easy to best once you understand their
> weaknesses and then exploit them. Funnily, you'll notice you dont need
> to use cheese to beat cheese..... ;)

That was the most frustrating thing about that experience: I had
always previously played with Mature gaming Veterans who followed
common sense design Principles: It was my first real experience
playing against a Broken Opponent in Epic (lots of Broken Opponents in
40K, sure: But not Epic which I considered my "Home Game"). It was
kind of shattering to realize the Game I loved could be used
Incorrectly...

So: How would one defeat the Eldar with a Khornate only force? Are
DropPods available to Chaos now.....?

(d-mn these PDF issues....!!!)

T'oma

"Don't Milk -that- Sacred Cow_ _ _ _ _ _ It's BULL!!!"