Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Tempest Companies

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 15:19:45 -0400

Hi!

Have either of you played against such a force in recent times? Under
more recent netepic rules?

You two could play against each other and purposefully make such army
lists and try the tactics to beat it. Its a fun way to test such armies.

In epics "golden age" I played with a real power gaming bunch. They
sought (and found) just about every loophole you could imagine and these
"cheesy" armies were common place, until everyone figured out how
brittle they were, then everyone just went back to playing standard,
well thought out armies.

Toma, you dont need drop pods, or T-hawks to beat eldar with an all
khornate army. Here's how:

For fire support use the banelord - it has a psy save so those pesky
eldar powers wont be too much trouble. Have it ADVANCE, not charge, you
want it to fire as it walks in. Let it soak up firepower, its made for
that. Use its barrage volleys at non-tempest/titan units, its good for
that. Use your heavier weapons to fire at the eldars heavier units as
the opportunity presents itself.

Cannons of Khorne - sure they blow up every once in a while, but with
unlimited range, -4 modifier AND template weapon, its very good for
nailing pesky titans and tempests.

With infantry, you can use two routes: A world eater marine force or the
horde army.

The chaos marine force is easier since you can bring some marine
equipment like rhinos to transport you CSM's much more quicker, so
basically you play and SM type game with the added benefits of chaos cards.

The horde army is heavy on juggers (their nifty unstoppable charge is a
great asset against eldar units on first fire orders), bloodletters and
blood hounds (these are quick and can reach the eldar base line pretty
quick).

Dont use demon engines against the eldar since they have short range
firepower and can be picked off by tempests easily.

Use chaos magic to quickly get you troops across the battlefield.

In essence their tactics are verry similar to the orks and eldar discussion.

Peter