Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Chaos issues

From: cibernyam <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 20:09:18 +0200

Hi,

IMHO the restriction on how to spend cards is the key. Losing one card per
extra power in a 3k game may seem OK, but in a 6k game where you'll get
around 6-7 greater daemons (18-21 cards) losing two or three cards is like a
very little annoyance. In a 10k game... Chaos player just laughs.

Then it is more important to allocate cards carefully, taking into account
which power will take more "punch" from the other army. While it is true,
that you have to keep separate records, you'll have a maximum of four. Non
power-specific units can benefit from cards from any power (easy). I think
the worst Chaos player can distinguish in less than one second which chaos
specific unit belongs to which power.

Also, I notice that in this way, the other player will try to focus its
attacks on one or two powers to exhaust their card supply quicker than with
older rules. A bit like the tactics against ork clans. Not bad, opens a new
strategical approach against Chaos.

Thus, IMHO, only subtraction is clearly insuficient. Subtraction plus card
restriction maybe OK.

Anyway, I think that I'm the only one who actualy likes the idea of Greater
Daemon animosity. Hell! is a God meeting another God in the battlefield,
they will have plenty of (eternal) grudges to solve before squashing those
little humans/eldar/squats/whatsoever!

Albert