Re: [NetEpic ML] BaneLord Questions

From: Toma Diener <peyoterattle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 18:18:58 -0000

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, Jarreas Underwood <jarreas_at_m...> wrote:
T'oma wrote:
> > Do I have that right? Surely I'm missing something here?
> Nope - you're just catching something that everyone else missed or
didn't think about. I've never thought about running Nurgle Warlords,
personally. The simplist solution is to add the Warlord to the
Standard Chaos List. Let's look at the history for some advice:

good thought, but I don't think you are looking back Far enough: does
anyone else still play around with Adeptus Titanicus?

Also: Titan Legions added Chaos Titan Legions via Citadel Journals #
9, 10, and of course 12a(eg 13)

> NetEpic 3: all titans (Banelord, Reaver, Warhound, Warlord) are
support cards
> NetEpic 4: all titans are support cards for Daemon and )Marine
armies, special cards for a renegades army
> NetEpic 5: Banelord is Khorne-only, Reaver & Warhound are special
cards for non-Marine armies, Marines can also get the Warlord
> Proposal:
> All titans are special cards for all Chaos armies, the Banelord gets
a discount (drop to 700 from 800)

> Comments?

if this is in fact Uncharted Territory, I have a counter-proposal:

 We should create Renegade Titan Legions that follow the design
principles of Loyalist Titan Legions: essentially a Renegade Adeptus
Mechanicus list for all Titans (except for the existing Slaanesh
Scouts and The BaneLord which would remain legal choices exactly as
written (Army Specific at the given points cost) . Additionally: the
WarLord, Reaver and WarHound suppost cards remain exactly as written
representing soul survivors of Lost Legios or somesuch..).

the Benefit of this strategy: no changes needed to the Existing Chaos
Book except a notation regarding Chaos Legions as allies. the Chaos
Titan Legion book would require minimal effort to construct, being
essentially identical to the existing Adeptus Mechanicus Codex...

....Off the top of My Head, the existing Chaos Legions included the
Flaming Skulls (Khorne IIRC) and the StormLords (Tzeentch I think),
Deaths' Heads (Gnurgle) and ????? (Slaanesh), and the FireMasters
(MaLaaL IIRC), all from Adeptus Titanicus.

Titan Legions added Legion of Festering Death under Bubonicus
(Gnurgle) (issue 9 of CJ), the Sons of Damnation under Skylock
(Tzeentch: CJ 10)and of course: Abominatus (Khorne) whose Legion
Affiliation I don't recall--

(Now I'm going to have to page through all those old WD's to research
this stuff Darn! ;> )

( As a point of Reference: I currently run 6 Slaanesh WarLords, 7
Gnurgle WarLords, 8 Khorne WarLords, and 9 Gnurgle WarLords with a
smattering of Reavers {my underlying logic is that all the Smaller
Titans would have been Consumed by the larger ones: did I mention
that I really like Evangelion???}. I have models representing Each
of the 'Character' Titans (above) and a WarLord 'Character' for
Slaanesh and Khorne, and Malaal. On top of that: I have been working
on a Imperator for each of the Five Powers. You may think that I'm a
dreamer, but I'm not the only one: I know of two other individuals
off the top of my head who have dedicated Chaos Titan Legions...)