: NetEpic 5 : First Impression part 2 : Army Composition

From: Toma Diener <peyoterattle_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:00:47 -0000

Ok. Stage Set.

Brian arrived after I had set up the Terrain: I had several new
pieces I was dying to show off ( 1>a Maiden World WorldTree, 2> a
WaerpGate, and 3>a JadeDragon statue of the Cosmic Serpent (since
Bryan plays Saim Hann when he plays Eldar, this seemed apprapos).

Because of these Items we determined the Scenario was this:

   An Eldar Maiden world, sparsely populated by Exodites (if any
Exodites are present at all...) but nonetheless used as a Spiritual
Retreat for Purification Rituals by SaimHann after fighting Chaos, is
threatened by a newly Wagh-ed Waaaaaggghhh of Orkses. The CraftWorld
of Purim...

  (my Ancient and Worthy CraftWorld of Purim is based on a Paint
scheme I discovered when Eldar originally came out; it looks better
than it should have considering how 'beginner-ey' my skills were in
1990. Their Shctick is devotion to the MaidenWorlds in a
self-appointed Protectorate role; their specialy ability is a slightly
higher presense of Harlequins than yer average CraftWorld)

...having seen the Signs of a Defilement of a Maiden's Honor by a
Rampaging Brute, challenges that Brute to a Duel (LOL)!!

...Because of the Late Hour, and because of all the "Store Wierdness"
previously discussed, and because I had not thoroughly read 5.0, and
because we had not yet printed 5.0 Army Cards.....
 (Yikes! can you see where this is headed...?)
......we determined to use 2nd ed Cards and adjust Points Values to
5.0 standards. A good compromise at the Time because it allowed us
to choose Forces and set up in about 45 minutes. In Retrospect: The
extra Hour to set-up to 5.0 standards might have been a good investment!!

the Eldar Protectorate was composed of the Following Forces:

1) 500 pts- one Spirit Host
            (Looking at the list Now: Alaitoc Only?!? oOOops!!!
                   When did That happen???)
    a) no support cards
    b) Free - the Avatar Special Card:
2) 850 pts -one Eldar WarHost supported by:
    a) 300pts-two DoomWeaver cards,
    b) 400pts-two Warp Huntah cards
    c) 500pts-one Tempest squad
and d) 400 pts-Special Card Harlequin Troupe (Exarchs)
     ( I totally messed up by taking Exarchs with no Aspect cards: I
fortunately caught my own Mistake on the first turn, and we changed
'em to Harlequins mid battle: Brian graciously let it go with this
compromise)
3) 550 pts-JetBike Host supported by
    a) 300pts-two Wave Serpent cards
and b) 150pts-Special Card Harlequin Troupe
( Looking now, I see I also messed up on my Harlequin choices...they
are no longer a Special Card but an Allied Army...HmmmmmmmmmmmmMmmmmm)

the CraftWorld also deemed it needful to dispatch their Pride and Joy:

4) one Phantom Titan Squadron supported by
      a) one Warlock Titan special card

Titan 1 "Father"
         2 Pulsars 2 las-wings
           300+300+150=750pts
Titan 2 "Mother"
         2 Pulsars 2 las-wings
           300+300+150=750pts
Titan 3 "Younger Brother"
         1 Tremor-Cannon arm, one Power Fist, 2 MslWings
           300+85+50=435pts
Warlock Titan "GrandFather"
          2 PsiCannons, 2 MslWings
            400+150+50=600pts

All together a Balanced Force as we in our group calculate Balance: no
great Strengths, no great weknesses...I thought very hard about the
Tempest Squadron, but with my recent whinging on the subject, I
figured it would be hypocritical to take in so small a Game.

The Titans were ( I thought) very well Armed. I wish now I had taken
"Younger Sister" and "Middle Sister" (two VibroCannons each)

Retro-spectively: Mistakes were Made!!!

I've gotta make the Kids breakfast, so : Bryan- Post your Army
composition will you???

ReB T'oma
Memetic Engineer Knight Kodesh
Head Designer, Wabi-Sabi Games
"If It's Wabi-Sabi, its Shabui Sho' 'Nuff!!"