Re: : NetEpic 5 : First Impression part 2 : Army Composition

From: Brian Dean <Morachnyion_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:21:31 -0000

Waaaaagh Brian consisted as this,
The horde was moving into a sector of space and noticed this
wonderful planet to land on, lots of resources and green to raise
little orklings and snots.

"Wot do ya meen, dem pointy eared panzies are alredy dere. Fire up
da Transporta's, we's gonna 'ave to krush dem panzies off ar plan'ut.

The evil suns landed at imperial time standard 3:00pm, The Bad Moons
landed soon afterwards and began to march toward the goal, A Giant
piece of pretty green stone shaped like a dragon. Both Clans could
feel the influence of thier gods and they stormed across the
battlefield in thier buggies and bikes, and thier Gargants charging
in formation untill sight of the panzie titans were in view,, then
they set up and began to bolster their warcry,,,, WAAAAAAAAAGH
GORK,, WAAAAAAAAGH MORK!
The battle began with a mighty charge from the Kult of speed and
followed by three Gargants firing away.

Force compisition

Evil Suns Mob + 2 spleen rippas sq, 1 bowlburna sq, and 2 gobsmasha
sq.
Bad Moons Mob + 1 onslaughter mob, 1 Zzaap gun battery, 1 weirdboy
battlewagon, 1 Freebooters mob (special)1 pulsa rokkit battery, and
1 Mekboy shokk team,,*(my favorite)
Kult of speed + 3 bike boys mob, 1 nobs bikes, mekboys renegades
(special) 1 war trak mob.
Gargant big mob, Slagfist- Great Gargant, Gork head, battlecannon
turret, scorcher turret,, gatling gun, rippa fist, and snappa
                  Da Junka- Slasha Gargant, gork head, rippa fist,
gut buster, and clusta busta arm.
                  Big Dakka-Slasha Gargant, gork head, deth cannon,
gut buster, slasha attack gun.

5400 points of Shooty fast madness.

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, "Toma Diener" <peyoterattle_at_y...>
wrote:

> Ok. Stage Set.
>
> Brian arrived after I had set up the Terrain: I had several new
> pieces I was dying to show off ( 1>a Maiden World WorldTree, 2> a
> WaerpGate, and 3>a JadeDragon statue of the Cosmic Serpent (since
> Bryan plays Saim Hann when he plays Eldar, this seemed apprapos).
>
> Because of these Items we determined the Scenario was this:
>
> An Eldar Maiden world, sparsely populated by Exodites (if any
> Exodites are present at all...) but nonetheless used as a Spiritual
> Retreat for Purification Rituals by SaimHann after fighting Chaos,
is
> threatened by a newly Wagh-ed Waaaaaggghhh of Orkses. The
CraftWorld
> of Purim...
>
> (my Ancient and Worthy CraftWorld of Purim is based on a Paint
> scheme I discovered when Eldar originally came out; it looks better
> than it should have considering how 'beginner-ey' my skills were in
> 1990. Their Shctick is devotion to the MaidenWorlds in a
> self-appointed Protectorate role; their specialy ability is a
slightly
> higher presense of Harlequins than yer average CraftWorld)
>
> ...having seen the Signs of a Defilement of a Maiden's Honor by a
> Rampaging Brute, challenges that Brute to a Duel (LOL)!!
>
> ...Because of the Late Hour, and because of all the "Store
Wierdness"
> previously discussed, and because I had not thoroughly read 5.0,
and
> because we had not yet printed 5.0 Army Cards.....
> (Yikes! can you see where this is headed...?)
> ......we determined to use 2nd ed Cards and adjust Points Values to
> 5.0 standards. A good compromise at the Time because it allowed
us
> to choose Forces and set up in about 45 minutes. In Retrospect:
The
> extra Hour to set-up to 5.0 standards might have been a good
investment!!

> the Eldar Protectorate was composed of the Following Forces:
>
> 1) 500 pts- one Spirit Host
> (Looking at the list Now: Alaitoc Only?!? oOOops!!!
> When did That happen???)
> a) no support cards
> b) Free - the Avatar Special Card:
> 2) 850 pts -one Eldar WarHost supported by:
> a) 300pts-two DoomWeaver cards,
> b) 400pts-two Warp Huntah cards
> c) 500pts-one Tempest squad
> and d) 400 pts-Special Card Harlequin Troupe (Exarchs)
> ( I totally messed up by taking Exarchs with no Aspect
cards: I
> fortunately caught my own Mistake on the first turn, and we changed
> 'em to Harlequins mid battle: Brian graciously let it go with this
> compromise)
> 3) 550 pts-JetBike Host supported by
> a) 300pts-two Wave Serpent cards
> and b) 150pts-Special Card Harlequin Troupe
> ( Looking now, I see I also messed up on my Harlequin
choices...they
> are no longer a Special Card but an Allied
Army...HmmmmmmmmmmmmMmmmmm)

> the CraftWorld also deemed it needful to dispatch their Pride and
Joy:

> 4) one Phantom Titan Squadron supported by
> a) one Warlock Titan special card
>
> Titan 1 "Father"
> 2 Pulsars 2 las-wings
> 300+300+150=750pts
> Titan 2 "Mother"
> 2 Pulsars 2 las-wings
> 300+300+150=750pts
> Titan 3 "Younger Brother"
> 1 Tremor-Cannon arm, one Power Fist, 2 MslWings
> 300+85+50=435pts
> Warlock Titan "GrandFather"
> 2 PsiCannons, 2 MslWings
> 400+150+50=600pts
>

> All together a Balanced Force as we in our group calculate
Balance: no
> great Strengths, no great weknesses...I thought very hard about the
> Tempest Squadron, but with my recent whinging on the subject, I
> figured it would be hypocritical to take in so small a Game.
>
> The Titans were ( I thought) very well Armed. I wish now I had
taken
> "Younger Sister" and "Middle Sister" (two VibroCannons each)
>

> Retro-spectively: Mistakes were Made!!!
>

> I've gotta make the Kids breakfast, so : Bryan- Post your Army
> composition will you???
>

> ReB T'oma
> Memetic Engineer Knight Kodesh
> Head Designer, Wabi-Sabi Games
> "If It's Wabi-Sabi, its Shabui Sho' 'Nuff!!"
>

> -- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, "Toma Diener" <peyoterattle_at_y...>
wrote:

> > Hello All!
> >
> > Mr. Dean and I played our First Official Game using our newly
Printed
> > HardCopy version of the NetEpic 5 rulebook.
> > The game was....Interesting!
> >
> > Subject to several odd difficulties having very little to do
with the
> > actual Game, we nonetheless had a very enjoyable 'learning game'.
> >
> > Difficulties we encountered not related to the Rules included:
> >
> > 1) We began the game substantially later than planned: rather
than
> > Starting at our usually appointed time of Noon, we did not
actually
> > begin rolling dice until closer to 4PM. Since we prefer "Big
Games"
> > in our circle, this was problematic at best..
> >
> > 2) I am of the School of Thought that prefers an incredible
amount of
> > Terrain on the Table: Brian has grown to accept this
Idiosyncracy of
> > mine, but there is no Doubt he would have preferred a less
complicated
> > Layout (pictures to follow)
> >
> > 3) I insisted that we play at our Regular Store (Brian wisely
> > suggested we play at His House; My feeling is that every Game
should
> > be Public in order to increase awareness of NetEpic in the
Houston
> > area. Again: he kindly agreed to my wishes in this matter).
Because
> > we played in our Local Store, the game was subject to digression
as we
> > greeted Friends, and explained NetEpic to interested Bystanders.
> > (This I feel was a -very- Positive thing: we planted "seeds of
> > interest" in at least three MechClix players to investigate the
Slaan
> > Army. We also discovered at least three of our Friends had been
Epic
> > Players in the past, and may play again in the future: my sense
is
> > that I will be bringing multiple Armies in the future
for 'loaner'
> > purposes. We also discovered at least three young 40K players
who had
> > never really seen Epic beore: attracted by the Gorgeous Paint
Brian
> > and I have on our Armies, at least one is interested in looking
at
> > Epic Tau: Poor Kid!)
> >
> > With any Luck, we might have a Full NetEpic League by this time
next
> > year.
> >
> > Problems associated With the new RuleBook-
> >
> > 1) Because of the new Layout, certain tasks were slower. Brian
and I
> > have played enough 3.2 to know _exactly_ what page and paragraph
> > given rule is on should we need to access it. The New Book will
take
> > a little getting used to before it becomes that 'intuitive.
Ditto the
> > new Weapon summaries: although organized to allow quick
reference and
> > well organized, it is New to us: it often took 2-3 times as long
as it
> > should to locate a given Statistic. We took extra time to look
at
> > each unit and weapon to integrate any revised weapon
modifications we
> > may not have used previously ( on the _positive_ side:
the 'NetEpic 5
> > Lite' is absolutely a Perfect TableTop 'quick reference guide').
> >
> > 2) Although I remembered to copy and laminate enough color-coded
> > Titan DataCards for our game, I didn't think far enough ahead to
make
> > and laminate color-coded Army Summary sheets: D'Oh! This, I
believe,
> > is essential for future games: We spent far too much time
trying to
> > figure out where we had placed the generic looking white paper
> > summaries. A color-coded Army DataFax is such an easily made
game
> > aide, I'm strongly of the Opinion it should be suggested in the
Rules
> > somewhere- (We didn't have time or money this time to print out
> > NetEpic 5 Army Cards, which would have accomplished the same
objective)

> > 3) This is really the First time we used the correct
methodology of
> > building Titans: the pen and paper method (actually Laminated
Card and
> > WhiteBoard pens) slowed our start of the Game: neither of us had
time
> > to prepare our Armies before arriving at the Venue, and this
added
> > step felt "clunky"
> > (I have a Suggestion: what about creating Titan Weapon Cards
> > similair in size and composition to the Ork MekBoy, Tyranid and
Chaos
> > Cards? They could consist of the Cost and a Basic Summary of the
> > Weapon's Abilities. This would streamline the Titan Creation
system,
> > making it more similair to the Army Creation process. It would
also
> > add an extra layer of bricolage to the game, so it should be
optional
> > IMO. I think it is a worthy addition, moreso because it would
give an
> > harmonic echo of the original pre-printed Titan Cards from 1st ed
> > Adeptus Titanicus. Unless of course this already been thought of
and
> > done...?)
> >

> > OK: that's an overview of the Situation we played in: posts to
> > Follow will examine the Scenario, Army Composition, and Turn-by-
Turn