Weapon Effects: 1st Eldar Variant

From: Toma Diener <peyoterattle_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:23:51 -0000

Sorry: part of my Text got cut off: It's all good because I've
decided to list each Variant under its own thread for ease of
discussion. What is it with me and BandWidth lately...? (:>)

The First idea is Brand New (at least to Us: I'm sure someone
somewhere has been doing it this way, too...)

  We've only used it in two games, so it needs a _lot_ more
Playtesting: we like it a great deal, however:

What follows is an edited transcription of an IM chat (I edit faster
than I type, so this methodology makes for quicker posting )

<begin Transcription>

>morach2: Peter says we should post our optional rules for the Warp
hunter with our idea for moving vortexes, and how the rules could work

>peyoterattle: OK: The inspiration comes from the Original
'Renegades'box 'Blast Templates': they have two different colored
sides, red and purple. That observation/revelation + the way the
Spinner templates work led to the following 'house rule'...

>ramospeter: Remember: this version tries to include as many optional
rules as possible, so they can make it in, just post them. This
version is going for maximum ideas, albeit optional ones, but I dont
want them getting lost like they used to.

>morach2: as Thomas says..." I LOVE THIS GAME!!! "

>peyoterattle: OK then:......The Idea is that the Warp Hole scatters
normally as written (2d6+arrow die x2 times)
BUT!
--> It scatters once each turn for _two turns_!!
    It scatters normally on turn one using the purple sided "warp
template". On turn two the template flips over to the 'Red' side and
scatters normally a -Second Time-.
    On turn three it dissipates and is removed, just like a Spinner
Template.
    This leads to a feeling of self-consistency in Eldar Weapon use
that is aesthetically satisfying and easy to remember....
... OK' I'm saving a Transcript of this conversation for Archive
purposes: I can cut&paste a 'rules option' to Post as soon as we are
done here-

>morach2: Cool

>ramospeter: Thats a good idea thomas!
< end Transcription>

Yes Indeed, It Is! :P
(private joke. I don't have a 'voice' option on my older version of
YahooIM, and Peter and Bryan were giving me a hard time about it...)

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, "Toma Diener" <peyoterattle_at_y...> wrote:

> Hello All-
>
> After a discussion of our Game this last Saturday, Peter suggested
> that Bryan and I post a few of the 'House Rule' weapons effects that
> we have been using: some are old, some new, some borrowed (and after
> Yar's comment about ViroCannon armed Titans: some are obviously
'Blue'...)