Re: [NetEpic ML] Eldar Exarch Requirements

From: cibernyam <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 00:28:30 +0200

Hi,

Well, the funny thing is that I've played always with the 2nd ed army cards
with v4 (I just changed the costs and VPwhere needed), and of course,
followed the rule on the card. I never thought it wasn't specified in the
rules. Maybe the fact that I don't own an Eldar army and I just played some
games using them may have sthing to do with it. I read the first draft of
eldar v5 but since then I didn't have the chance to read it in deep, just
separate parts. But for one thing I'm sure is that my Eldar opponents have
always used this rule.

I say, keep the rule in the eldar army book as optional, stating that this
rule was actually core in the past (before NetEpic) and as a side/foot note
the reason (GW had the brilliant idea of writing the rule on the card and
not in the rulebook, which has this name 'rule'-'book' for some weird reason
beyond GW comprehension, and, well, we just forgot...)*. It may seem a bit
useless but may prevent more than one really useless discussion. Specially
if you keep using the old 2nd ed. Army cards. In the end, the players will
decide.

Albert

* Let the reason be ("we just forgot, it wasn't in the 2nd ed book but on a
2nd ed army card, use your judgement to decide its application, as
always" ), it *may* be better