[NetEpic ML] Re: Tau Titans

From: Brian Dean <Morachnyion_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 19:45:23 -0000

AS with all things,,, i am not giving GW or FW ANY more of my hard
earned money. i see you point Morgan and realize the tounge in
cheek but, just like with the Net epic necron/Slann list we have
modified the game fluff for our own reasons and in some ways, to
spite gw. (though i may be wrong about that last bit).
Unicorns can be modeled easy enough or subbed enough i personally
use the new wave serpent, looks better as a unicorn than a wave
serpent.
But in the tau vein, alot of us think that knights and at least in
my interest lighter titans would be a neat thing to have and give
them a flavor. As for the tau having only Large floaters and
fliers/skimmers,, nothing more maddening than having an Ork
Doomdiver magna cannon bring it down on one roll. just like mek boy
shokk cannnon troops. All you need is one good hit,, and its smacky
on the ground...

Actually in my current gaming group with T'oma, we use Eldar bfg
cruisers to emulate the vampire troop carrier, and since we think
that the vampire was named wrongly, we have called it the
thunderbird, more fitting to us,,, its our idea's and house rule but
it is only a model replacement.

Yes, the tau look beautiful but,, they are resin, (light as a
feather and brittle) and more pricy than i could ever hope to afford
on my salery and lifestyle.

My 3$$$ worth
Brian,

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, Morgan_Keyes_at_c... wrote:
> But they're out there. The contention that such things be put on
hiatus since models may or may not exist, even if more in keeping
with the feel of the Tau and what is coming out as canon and instead
kludge concepts off HG or CAV figs...well I guess in that vein we
should place the Imperial Guard on hiatus. I certainly haven't seen
a recent Leviathan or Capitol Imperialis and could be hard pressed
to find and old model. For that matter, there is no Dropship model
either (well...there is the vehicle dropship for the Marines in
current Epic: Apocolypse). Or for that matter the Unicorn for the
Eldar. Whoops! Better put that brand new Beta book on hold too!

> Forgive if I'm a bit coarse and tongue in cheek. What I get for
being an Ole Sergeant. However, some of these Tau models exist, and
others could be pending. Heck, they're making an Eldar super-heavy
Deathspinner arty unit (Doomweaver) and a super heavy troop carrier
(mobile wraithgate) for Stormwind. So it is not beyond reason and
certainly not dismiss out of hand the other non-Titan
option/position out there. Hell, there is an Epic Orca model out
there and most of those designs I mentioned are based on the Orca.
I'm sure most out here and talented enough to mod the base design.

> --
> Win the Mind, Win the Day
> Airborne All The Way

> > --- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, Morgan_Keyes_at_c... wrote:
> > > Probably even odds that Forgeworld will put together some
minis for
> > these designs. So far they've done the Manta, two recon/light-
duty
> > skimmers (Pirahna and Tetra), drone sentry turrets, and
Hammerhead