[OT] HG Landships (was Re: Eldar , Tau, and thanks for all the fish)

From: <Morgan_Keyes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:32:52 +0000

Appoligies for the digression. Normally do such things direct to the individual, but thought there may be others that might find the info interesting.....

http://www.star-ranger.com/images/HGfleet.jpg

To give an idea of their size (in game) the Vortex-class carrier (V-shaped flight deck carrier on the right of the pic) is:

Length: 285m
Weight: 50,000 tons
Speed: 36 kph
Weapons:
  1) 6x250mm cannons (in two triple turrets)
  2) 4x Missile Launchers
  3) 8x Laser Cannons (long-range point defense and ASAT/ortillery weapon)
  4) 3x 10mm Point Defense Turrets

Embarked Forces (battalion-strength):
  Gear Company (62 Heavy Gears)
  Infantry Company
  6 helicopter gunships and scouts
  4 air superiority fighters
  8 strike fighters
  4 light ranks
  4 main battle tanks
  2 striders

Khan-class Landship (on the left)(arsenal ship)
  Length: 260m
  Weight: 40,000 tons
  Speed: 42 kph
  Weapons:
    5x 150mm Cannons (independent, casemate mounts)
    14x Heavy Missile Launchtubes (72 missiles in magazine)(think Tomahawk missiles)
    2x Laser Cannon
    4x Point Defense Guns

  Embarked Forces
    Gear Company (30 Gears)
    Infantry Platoon
    1 light tank
    1 main battle tank
    2 striders

And we now return you to your regular NetEpic discussions....

--
Win the Mind, Win the Day
Airborne All The Way