Epic Flyer Idea

From: Brian Dean <Morachnyion_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 21:48:45 -0000

This is something T'oma and i have been kicking around for about two
weeks about the vampire flyer transport. The current Tau discussion
about flyers and transports got me thinking..
We both didnt really like the idea of the normal eldar calling their
transport a vampire, it really seemed like a dark eldar thing to do.
Soooo, we have called it a Thunderbird (as thomas likes to call it,
a falcon-couger-thunderbird). I up'pd the ante and said hey, since
we are not using the normal model (i only have one and he has just a
few) why dont we give it a bigger troup capacity.(He has been using
an Eldar Eclipse crusier from BFG). I had thought about this with
him and we more or less came up with something a bit differnt. It
can hold up to a company of guardians (foot sloggers only) or the
same compliment of aspect warriors, ( i believe 16 stands instead of
18 stands of guardians.)

It would have a 3+ or 4+ holofield save and a few weapons for "troop
dispersal" on it like a single pulsar from a Scorpion or revanant.
That way it can "clear" the ground so it can disgorge its troops.

this may never make it to the eldar list, or even the optionals book
but i believe we are going to play around with the Idea.

Brian,, Sensei of the Warp Runners
Warlock Karthean to visiting inquisitor:
"whadda ya mean your revoking my Black Libarary card, i turned in
all my past due ancient literary referances"