Re: [NetEpic ML] [5.0] Eldar Storm Serpent

From: cibernyam <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 19:40:01 +0200

Hi,

As I understand it, there are two wraithgates, one near the storm serpent
(IN) and another one far away (OUT) both in LOS, a given distance (50 - 75
cm). Both gates are placed in fire phase of turn 1 (or the first turn that
the player decides to use the Storm Serpent, I'll suppose it will be during
the first turn in this example). In turn 2, during movement phase, troops
'embark' from either side (IN or OUT) with a cost of 5 cm and must be
assigned orders for turn 3. Finally, in turn 3 they 'disembark' on the
opposing side, scattered, with the orders placed during mov. phase of turn
2, with full movement (be it charge or advance) minus 5 cm spent leaving the
gate. If Storm Serpent is destroyed before troops would get out in turn 3
mov. phase, all traveling troops are destroyed.

Did I understand it correctly? I think it is a bit complicated at first, and
thus, here is some FAQ meat I think could be important:

Must Storm Serpent keep LOS with both gates all the time until troops have
crossed?

Can Storm Serpent move during transport?

Is it possible to deactivate the gate at any moment? Or only during firing
phase?

Can a Gate be deactivated and a new one created in the same turn (Supposing
both actions occur in the same phase)?

Can an eldar player deactivate voluntarily the gates having friendly troops
in transit?

If troops from both sides cross the gate, do they get to fight in the
middle?

What happens if the game ends and troops are still inside the gate? do they
count as destroyed?

Albert