Re: [NetEpic ML] New Tau Knight-class unit

From: Brian Dean <Morachnyion_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 21:59:56 -0000

I gots me an idea'r, just give them a jump pack similar to the
eldar Revanant, that way they "skim" across the battlefield. Fliers
and skimmers fill their army list as much as the eldar lists.
Another question, were we going to use the heavy gear or other dream
pod minitures for this idea?

Also after reading the tau book finally (the gw version) yeah,, Tau
suck in CC, but oooh,, heres another idea,, make a single Kroot
battle machine, unless they are too unintellegent to pilot one.

Brian-

-- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, "Ferran Clavero" <int255_at_t...> wrote:
> Hello I'm with kevin about CC and fliers, Tau has enought
skimmers.

> saludos
>
> Ferran

huge war machines capable of challenging â�‚��€œ and destroying â
�‚��€œ everything on the 40k battlefield. As with battlesuits,
Vectors are equipped with superior sensors and targeting
capabilities. They have the Quickdraw ability and, if they are on
First Fire Orders, may fire at Stealthed units even if they are
further than 25 cm away.

> I like the name. Vector suits. Nice.
>

> All Vectors are Elite, have a 5+ Psychic Save and one
Energy Shield. The shield grants a 3+ Fixed Armor Save. If this save
is failed the shield goes down and the shot hits the Vectorâ�‚��„�s
armor. Energy Shields may not be raised during the battle.

> Why not? Why not make them identical to the Manta's shield? I
also don't like the idea of them having a psychic save. Tau have
not psykers. Period. They actually don't understand psykers or the
warp. Why then would they have a psychic save?

> Vectors carry datalinked sensor nets and enjoy a +1 To-Hit
bonus if all three models in a Triad can see the target. Not all of
them have to fire at that target â�‚��€œ they just have to be able
to see it.

> Nice. Different.
>

> Due to their modular construction, weapon systems vary
widely depending on the needs of the current battlefield. Choose two
Vector Hardpoint Cards when you purchase a Triad â�‚��€œ they may
be the same or different. You do not need to reveal these cards to
your opponent until they are used.

> Hmm. Awkward. Why not just make them like Warhounds and have
two hardpoints to buy weapons for? The triad costs x-points for
three chassis and then you buy up to two weapons for each suit.
Just like Warhounds. Battlesuits are fully customisable within a
squad so its natural that the Tau would carry that through to bigger
suits.

> Basic Stats:
> Vector
> Move: 15 cm
> Armor: 3+f, 2+ (Energy shield, then 2+ normal armor)
> CAF: +2
> Weapon: Burst Cannon
> Range: 35 cm
> Attack Dice: 3
> To-Hit: 4+
> TSM: 0
> Abilities: Elite, Quickdraw, Special
>
> <Snip weapons which all sound fine to me>
>

> Close Combat Weapons
> Adds +1D6 CAF.
>
> Nope. Don't like this. Tau are awful at CC. Let them remain
that way and not have any CC options for the Vector suits. I think
having no respectable CC units makes the Tau unique. "Victory
through superior firepower" has always been my idea of the Tau way
of war.

> Contra-Grav Engines
> The Vectors are Fliers.
>
> Don't like the idea of them being fliers. Just make them
skimmers. I think they'll be nasty enough as skimmers.