Re: [NetEpic ML] Few questions about V5 squat Army Book

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 20:12:19 -0400

Hi!

Sorry for not answer your questions on epicomms, its been hectic for me
lately.

vince_epic wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>First I'd like to say a very big thank for all the work on Netepic V5
>rules and armies book, it's a real pleasure to read and play with :)
>
>As I read the V5 Squat Army Book Final, I noticed several points that
>need few explanations for me:
>
>- Cyclops DoomStorm Missile are listed with a varying To-Hit-Roll is
>it normal ? I thought that those missiles barrage templates should be
>put touching each other without adding BP if a template is over
>another (even if I don't if putting 2 templates on the same location
>is authorized)

You are correct. They are independent missiles that need to be place
touching each other (no overlapping) and dont add BP.

>- Behemoth is a praetorian but it has no PD and is not always on First
>Fire Order, so is it considered has a standard unit for orders
>purposes or is it played for orders like cyclops or Colossus ? What
>about the PD ?

This is a good question. I think this is a hold over from the old rules.
For uniformity it should be treated as all other praetorians.

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

>- Still for the behemoth, the railgun is mounted on a turret, does
>this gun has a 360� arc or fire or limited to 180� front ?

Yes, turret mounted, 360.

>About the 450 points cost, it costs the same than cyclops, but Cyclops
>seems to be better than Behemot (missiles, better FA, 1 more shield,
>lots of PD but 5cm less movement) even if I respect the power of the
>railguns ;)

In playtest it is as effective. Try it out and let me know what you think.

Peter