Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: A couple of further Net Epic questions

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 18:26:34 -0400

Stephane Montabert wrote:

>While we are at it...
>
>- I'm still hoping for the rules and profiles of
>Tunneller carriers (you know, the ones that can be
>shot while the tunneller is underground).

These got lost somewhere and need to be re-instated.

>- The Squat army book lost the Ironbreaker company,
>with its Leviathan. Only the Hellbore company remains.
>I hope it's an omission, since NetEpic had the policy
>of not removing existing units, and because to me it's
>clear that all Imperial Guard Leviathans have probably
>been built on Squat homeworlds...

An omission.

>- I'm not 100% convinced by the Exodite list (reading
>the standalone version). I know that armies were
>somehow resolving around numbers matching the original
>blister packaging - not an argument perpetually true
>but certainly holding water for earlier days of Epic.
>For example, Leman Russ were sold in squadrons of 3.
>For exodites, the two larger dinosaur types (lord and
>horned one) were sold in blisters of 3, and the plain
>runner in blisters of 5. I don't know for the flying
>one. Mayhap we should work something with those
>numbers?

This is certainly a good point. Most old detachments were thought of in
context of packaging. Since getting epic models nowadays is certainly
haphazard at best, perhaps making more flexible numbers is something
that should be looked at.

>- I've opened a thread some time ago about Tau Fire
>Warriors that were really impossible to assault in
>close-combat (reroll a 4+ to-hit on any incoming
>attacker, yay!) but it seems the topic went down the
>drain...

No it didnt go down the drain. I beleive I sent some conclusions to Jar
and those most favored were to be included/modified.

Feel free to discuss it again, if need be, I will send another summary
to Jar.

Peter