Guess what!?!?!? A NEW player!

From: Reaper Productions <steven_paul_mooney_at_...>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 12:04:16 -0000

Hello Fellow warmongers
My name is Steven and I am a wargamer.
Following my "Wargamers' Anonymous" introduction, I'd like to
introduce why I got interested in this group.
A few months ago I bought an ebay auctioned Epic Ork army...I haven't
a clue (to this day) as to how many points it's worth as I'm currently
reading the rulebook....
I regularly play Operation Overlord (1/72 WWII rules), HOtT (fantasy
6mm DBx rules) and the odd game of WH/WH40k/LOTR..I have armies for
all but lately I've gotten quite GW touchy...indecent price increases
and all..

I began wargaming when I was 9 years old... my cousin put a unit of
Rogue Trader Scouts in my hand and said "Paint!" (he was quite largish
and twice my age then...and I was little and undefended..and Belfast
was so cold and gritty back then..so it was easy to convince me to do
horrible things like paint and collect and get troops on a table! Oh,
the heresy of it all!)

Little did I know, I moved to Australia soon after and the only game
GW had in stock in the arse end of the world come Xmas time was Space
Marine...the ORIGINAL Space Marine...orders were made and miniatures
delivered...

Many a game were played, drinking binges were consumed, victories won
and battles lost, Uni kicked in and so long to wargaming...

Roll 2006 around, I get my hands on the following bases

- 12 Boys
- 6 Nobz
- 3 Weird Boyz
- 3 bases of Orks with long cannons
- 9 Gretchin
- 3 Ork bases with jumpy thingies on their back
- 3 (I think they are) Kommandos
- 3 bases of fellows with large banner looking things
- 3 Shokk Attack guns
- some 12 tanks with rollers, claws and lots of other bits and pieces
- A microscopic Gargant thingy...it's like an Ork Gargant...just 25mm
size!

Can anyone help me identify these?
Do they even come close to making an army in the NetEpic rules?

Are there any players in N'th Italy (where I now reside) willing to
meet for a game (long time-no play...I'd be quite rusty)

I have to say the new version Epic figs are excellent...I used to
think the old SM version figs were detailed, but these dudes paint up
to a storm!

Also, and here I close...what the heck is NetEpic?
Is it played? Who plays it? I downloaded the rulebooks and reading
now, but how are armies chosen?
Is it compatible with old school basing?
What's the average point battle being played to make the system show
its colours?
What are the major changes from Space Marine?

Heck, that's a long post..
To any who get to the end a big thanx, to all that reply an even
bigger one!
Check ya!

Keep the dice and heads arollin..
Steven