Re: Guess what!?!?!? A NEW player!

From: Adam S. Demeter <asdemeter_at_...>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 16:47:05 -0000

I'm an old school Epic player, but fairly new to NetEpic...but I can
answer a lot of questions, since I'm an Ork player...and asked the
same ones as you did when I showed up. lol

First, I'll tell you about the figs you have, as far as I can tell.
I am assuming you have the newer stuff, based on what you said...on
strips, rather than squares, for the most part. It looks like you
have a lot of partial stuff. 3 Shokk Attack Guns...from everything
I know, you need 4. Stompers (that's the tiny Gargant thing you
talk about...lol) run around in groups of 3. You may want to - and
you won't like this - get more stuff. lol More specificity would
be needed on the tanks for me to guess what you have...but all in
all, it seems like you have about a clan of infantry - depending on
what clan you want to play - some various support that's not quite
enough to field any of the cards, and maybe some that is (the
tanks). The guys with jump packs: Stormboyz. With banners:
probably just standard bearers...regular boyz that make your army
look cool. The Kommandoes: probably Kommandoes...good guess, I'll
assume. lol The orks with long cannons sound like the heavy
weapons boyz, to me.

As to what NetEpic is, I can tell you what I know...and then someone
can perhaps change, add to or otherwise augment my answer:

Epic has been around a while. It was in its second edition,
basically, when they changed those infantry bases for a third
one...and here, anyway (I live in Florida, in the U.S.), all the
players hung it up. That was it. I was SO pissed, because it was
my only miniatures game, and I have gaggles of Orks...and not only
did they change the basing of all my infantry, but they made it so I
had no one to play the game against anyway! So, for around 10 years
or so, I've been toting around a bunch of miniatures and stuff, for
no real reason...just hoping someday to stumble across some other
armies cheap, so I can "host" games with people who want to try
something that would now be "different". lol Well, I finally found
a Marine army VERY cheap a few months back...and he told me about
NetEpic. It seems that it's a group of people like me: who wish
they'd never changed the rules in the first place. So they've kept
up with it, even updated it, and done a very fine job at keeping the
game alive. In fact, without this, it would be a dead game, if you
ask me...at least in the U.S., for sure.

On that note, I'll tell you that when I asked, the guys here told me
that yes, you can use both kinds of base stands for these rules.
Good thing...I would have had to anyway! lol

And that about covers it, I think. It is played...people do play
it...where depends on where they live. lol But it's out
there...check around and see who has it...or who'd be willing to
just play if you can get your hands on more than just orks, like I
did...

A.D.

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, "Reaper Productions"
<steven_paul_mooney_at_...> wrote:

> Hello Fellow warmongers
> My name is Steven and I am a wargamer.
> Following my "Wargamers' Anonymous" introduction, I'd like to
> introduce why I got interested in this group.
> A few months ago I bought an ebay auctioned Epic Ork army...I
haven't
> a clue (to this day) as to how many points it's worth as I'm
currently
> reading the rulebook....
> I regularly play Operation Overlord (1/72 WWII rules), HOtT
(fantasy
> 6mm DBx rules) and the odd game of WH/WH40k/LOTR..I have armies for
> all but lately I've gotten quite GW touchy...indecent price
increases
> and all..
>
> I began wargaming when I was 9 years old... my cousin put a unit of
> Rogue Trader Scouts in my hand and said "Paint!" (he was quite
largish
> and twice my age then...and I was little and undefended..and
Belfast
> was so cold and gritty back then..so it was easy to convince me to
do
> horrible things like paint and collect and get troops on a table!
Oh,
> the heresy of it all!)
>
> Little did I know, I moved to Australia soon after and the only
game
> GW had in stock in the arse end of the world come Xmas time was
Space
> Marine...the ORIGINAL Space Marine...orders were made and
miniatures