Re: [NetEpic ML] Inquisitor Titan

From: cibernyam <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 18:55:04 +0200

-->Find my comments below. From the comments you add, my opinion is that you
are aiming more to an ordo maellus titan, rather than a generic inquisitor
titan.

Inquisitor Titan

CLASS:
-Inquisitor Titans are limited to Reaver/Warlord class Titans

-->Given the very special arm selection you want to include, I think that
only a Warlord is to be ellegible.

WEAPONS:
-Mandatory Corvus equipment imposes Reaver/Warlord class restriction
(Imperator Titans are too rare even for the inquisition to obtain!)

--> Only Warlords can carry Corvus assault pods/headpods

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

-If attacked by a psychic power the Inquisitor Titan has a Psychic
Save of 4, 5 or 6 on a D6 to represent its' psychic resilience (see
pg 19 Armies of the Imperium).

-->Titans already have a 4+ Psychic Save due to void shields, this means
that a Titan with active void shields has TWO 4+ Psychic saves. Just to
clarify.
--> (Optional) Additionally, an Inquisitor Titan may activate the
Astropath's psychic power 'Beacon' once per battle

- The Inquisitor Titans mere presence and dramatic size inspire
courage and heroism and any Imperial Units within 50 cm will
automatically pass moral checks required of them --even if charged
by Daemons!

--> I'd rather improve it to imperial units that have LOS to the inquisitor
Titan. In the other hand, the loss of an Inquisitor Titan would imply that
all Imperial troops that have LOS will have to pass a morale test at the end
of the turn or go back into fall-back orders. This is not a "plain"
inquisitor, it is an inquisitor inside a tuned Warlord Titan!
Also, every time a Greater Daemon is destroyed in CC by an Inquisitor Titan,
all units in LOS gain a +1 to CAF until the end of the turn (cumulative,
just if it happens to destroy two Greater Daemons in CC in a single turn!)

-The true purpose of the Inquisitor Titan is to confront heretical
Titans, Knights and Demons; hence the Inquisitor Titan gains an
extra D6 in close combat facing opposing Titans/Knights and
nullifies the +1 to hit advantage that Khorne Demon engines get when
Chaos is winning, however the +1 save and the +1d CAF rules still
stay in effect. Any other allied units within the 50cm halo of the
Inquisitor Titan are also subject to this effect, even when Chaos is
winning.

-->I would rather revert this ability into a characteristical CC weapon in
the following way (it sounds more typical to the imperium to me, like aegis
suites, nemesis force weapons and similar stuff): add a new titan CC wepon
called 'Nemesis Lance'. This is Psychically loaded CC weapon for Inquisitor
warlord titans with the following abilities: (1) Add 1d6 in CC against
enemies of SH or higher pinning class (2) Nemesis Lance strikes as a
physical Psychic attack, that is, a greater daemon struck in CC by a Nemesis
lance cannot use Chaos cards to save it from being sent back to the warp.
(3) Lance cannot be used against buildings like other titan CC weapons (4)
Nemesis! The adeptus psykers overload the lance to unleash all its power in
a single burst of psychic energy to send nearby daemons back to the warp .
Unfortunately, this leaves the Nemesis lance useless for the rest of the
battle. All daemonic and psychic targets within 10 cm of the inquisitor
titan must roll at least one 6 or be sent back to the warp, lesser daemons
and psykers (friend or foe) roll 1 dice and greater daemons (or an avatar,
friend or foe) rolls 2 dice. This is a physical psychic attack so again, no
chaos cards.
If the lance is destroyed or left unusable for wathever reason (1)(2)(4) no
longer apply. Note though that does not affect the ability to negate one
chaos card per turn, so an inquisitor titan without the lance can have a
Greater Daemon slained by negating te use of that Chaos card.

-The Inquisitor Titan may only be used against Chaos or Eldar
forces. An Inquisitor Titan can be used in a joint Imperial/Eldar
force as well.

-->I'd rather limit it to fight only Chaos instead. It is closer to an ordo
maellus after all

USE
The Inquisitor Titan is a special card and may be included as a
Support Card to any Titan Legion Battle group or Tech Guard company.
If no other Imperial Titan resources are available, the Inquisitor
Titan may be fielded with a Warhound Titan escort as a Titan Battle
group in it's own right (with appropriate points cost for the
Warhounds reflected of course!). The Inquisitor titan is NEVER
fielded by itself; it is too valuable a resource to the Inquisition
to send into situations where a more subtle human-sized Inquisitor
would suffice.

-->let's make it a unique (thus, special) card for imperial armies to be
attached to a titan battle group.

COST
1200 Points - This reflects the upgrade of the Grey Knight
Terminators received with the Corvus Equipment.

-->
Warlord Hull = 500
arm weapon 1: Corvus assault pod = 150
    upgrade corvus terminators to Grey knights = 250
arm weapon 2: Nemesis Lance = 75
Carapace weapon 1: Warp Missile = 125
Carapace weapon 2: varies = varies
Special daemon hunter ability, extra psychic save and morale boosting
abilities = 300

TOTAL = 1400 + weapon
Optional: Custodian Head = 50

My advice for the weapon left is a plasma cannon (+100 pts).

It is expensive, although it is awesome too!

Given the abilities the Titan already has, the devotional bell is of no use
so I would not include it OR include it as an special devotional bell and
attach morale boosting ability to it (in any case, cost is already counted
for he ability).

Yahoo! Groups Links