Re: Slann proxies and modifying the army lists

From: Bruce Scott <B.Scott_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 10:16:15 +1000

The True Slann are ok, they have no vehicles at all....just Knight class
"Mechs".

The Exodus Slann are a low tech offshoot and I kinda like the "buggy"
based vehicles. We have a couple of good choices for proxy both in the
DRM and old GZG range. What is probably odd is that most of their
vehicles are wheeled (at least 5 based on the desciptions), but their MBT
is indeterminant (could be wheeled I guess) , but oddly they have a single
skimmer as their "main" transport.....I guess it could be a VToL?

I think what could be useful is if the Necrons are dragged out into their
own Codex list. The current list is more than capable already, and there
is more GW cannon and fluff on the Necrons available, including vehicle
design now. It would certainly be understandable if they were made a
Codex force and their units revised in light of all the new information.
Some neat new units to be added too :)

Given the wealth of excellent proxies now available, the Dracons could
stand a little expansion so they could make a playable stand-alone army
too. I need a good excuse to buy some more Kraytonians :)