[NetEpic ML] Re:Slann book

From: Gary <gary_clark1946_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 15:26:45 -0000

Hello Albert,

It is not about giving special abilities to the dune buggy.
The point is to be able to use dune buggies or a light skimmer
witout a new set of stats. To make the DB hard to pin like a skimmer.

Dune buggies can move quickly through terrain that other vehicles
could not... at the same time skimmers go over it instead of through
it. They both have simular (but not the same)abilities. It really
gives away nothing since it could be either. If you chose "Dune
Buggies" you can go through some terrain but not water(which
skimmers can). If you have skimmers it can go over but not end in
terrain (which DBs can). It could be called something else but why
write a new rule when you can make a minor modification instead.
These are not "uber" units and points are rounded to nearest 25 or
50 anyway so why make things complicated?

If this gets to be a big problem for some, It may just get dropped.
Just trying to make things more inline with the fluff and the Exodus
use of DB and skimmers.

Gary

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, "ciber nyam" <cibernyam@...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think you are confusing pinning class and movement class. e.g.
Greater
> demons are Knights for pinning purposes but infantry for movement
purposes.

> A vehicle can only be a skimmer if flies/floats over things (but
does not
> fly as such).
>
> Skimmer pinning class means that unit can only be pinned by
Skimmer units of