Re: Hello world of NetEpic!

From: oztenaka <oclarke1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 19:18:20 -0000

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, Johan Normark <gaskran@...> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I危 a relatively new member of this forum, but I have been using the
NetEpic rule system for quite some time now. It is with great interest
I have followed the discussions and evolution of the game. Every time
I go up to the north of Sweden I try to find some time to battle it
out with some old friends.
> After a spectacular clash this Christmas between the Orcs, Squats
and the Eldar we had a couple of rule issues as we always do. Maybe a
kind soul could help us out with them.

> 1. It mostly has to do with the HQ rule and barrages. Especially
with the big airburst 12 cm barrage template where it is almost
impossible to place it anywhere on the enemy without getting an HQ
(especially the Orcs that have their units littered with HQ寄). How do
you do it? By the book or by trying to minimize the HQ寄 under the
template?

> 2. Flame templates and the equivalent. Do they penetrate buildings,
hitting people behind the building as well? I would guess so since
they ignore cover.

> 3. Do ball and chain ordnance from the Orc gargant belly gun scatter
on the Hit location template, or does it automatically hit the leg
location without scatter? This becomes important once you start
shooting at Imperator titans that have lost their shields...

> 4. Point cost for certain units, especially the awesome Eldar scout
titans that pack the punch of a Phantom and are harder to bring down
because of their size, but cost only 400 per pair. Also the Orc pulsa
rokkits that cost 250 for three almost sure misses.

> 5. What is the eldar titan pulse laser range? 100 cm or 75 cm? It
stated differently on the hit location chart and the unit roster. The
scout titans, do they get 2d3 or 1d6 hits from their two smaller pulse
lasers?

> 6. Multiple barrage template weapons that have to touch like for
example the Hellfury missiles on the Squat Cyclops. Can one use them
to "round corners" and target units that are out of LOS, or do the
barrages that gets fired in this way scatter?

> 7. Does the mekboy bubble chucka forcefield remain in play or does
it disappear at the end of the turn?

> 8. The deathroller - ordinary vehicle overrun paradox. When an
ordinary vehicle fails to run somebody over they keep on going,
pushing the victim aside whereas the deathroller equipped vehicle has
to halt. This make ordinary rhinos deadly infantry killing machines. I
know this is an optional rule but wouldn岐 it be better that ordinary
vehicles also had to halt after a failed overrun?

> Well, that was it. I can drag on and on discussing Epic so I伎l come
to a halt here.

> Cheers from a snowy Stockholm
>
> Johan

> Stava r糘t! Stava l糘t! Yahoo! Mails stavkontroll tar hand om
tryckfelen och mycket mer! Fden phttp://se.mail.yahoo.com

Hi Johan,

I have only just joined up myself. Haven't played epic for a number of
years until just recently so am unable to answer those questions of
yours just yet