RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: Revenants

From: ciber nyam <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 00:08:27 +0100

From my POV,

600 points is ok. They have 4 good weapons, holo fields plus the best
movement for any titan, including a 'hopping' charge movement that mostly
ignores terrain. 300 points each is a reasonable price, specially when you
look for two fast moving stormers to outflank your opponent. Other choices
in the eldar list have a worse movility+weapons+CAF+special/cost, just look
at the Scorpion! Plus the combination of fast movement, high CAF, unmodified
saving throw and good combination of weapons makes a pair of revenants far
better than a single Phantom.

I feel like 400 points is extremely underpriced and 500 is underpriced.
Compare a single revenant's stats abilities and cost to similar vehicles of
similar price or functionality (like, to mention some, Knight Baron 200,
Squat hearthlord 300, Ork Mega-Squiggoth 250 or Mekboy gargant 450,
Baneblade 225, Slanesh Questor and Subjugator 225, ...).

Perhaps it is easier to compare to Warhounds. IMHO Revenants are quite
better than warhounds. Except for their vulnerability to psychic attacks and
barrages, they outstand over warhounds in every aspect. Except for those
Quake cannons. And I still don't know why now warhounds can carry quake
cannons. A Quake cannon is not a Scout titan weapon, is a siege titan
weapon. They were never able to carry them and I don't remember any comment,
discussion or poll in the list about it. Maybe it's an error (or one of
those army list changes in v5 that occurred misteriously without anyone
noticing).

Albert