Re: Storm Trooper Rules

From: slideman567 <slideman567_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 17:29:39 -0000

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, "ramospeter" <netepic@...> wrote:

> --- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, "slideman567" <slideman567@> wrote:
> >
> > Hello. Are there any Net Epic version rules for the new Storm
Trooper
> > units? They are in the Epic Armageddon book, but I don't see
them in
> > the Net Epic rules. Thanks.
> >

> Hi!
>
> That unit, along with quite a few others are available in the 5.0
> optionals book.
>
> Downloadable at:
>
> http://www.netepic.org/EPICentre/Downloads/
>
> Peter

Thanks Peter, I must have missed that.

May I make two suggestions? I would add a -1 TSM to the Strom
Troopers - especially if they are supposed to have better weapons and
armor. Plus the fact that the IG is so limited on anything that has
a -1 TSM. I would also consider adding them to the Airborne Company
instead of regular troops and then upping the price point. Storm
troopers, at least how I envision them, are the super elite troops
that take and hold buildings and objectives. They are made for use
with the Valkyries.

Heck, you know me - my philosophy in battle is that I want to roll a
lot of dice and cause the maximum amount of carnage! :) Blood for
the Blood God, Emperor, War Boss, Living Ancestor, or Great
Harlequin - depending on which army you use!

One other thing in these rules. Am I reading this correctly in that
you can substitute one detachment of regular IG for say a detachment
of the Mordian Iron Guard or Vahalan warriors? Why were no company
cards make for these guys? Just curious.

And are there rules for the autocannon models in the Epic40K IG box?
They were described as Ice Warrior of Valhala heavy weapon units.
What about for the IG Fire Support Platoon?

And on a completely unrelated note, do the Siegfried and Ragnarok
tanks have stats?

Thanks for your help.