Re: [NetEpic ML] Digest Number 2000

From: Gary <gary_clark1946_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 14:33:48 -0000

Hello Bruce,
Thanks for the encouragement.
I can see your point in lifting out the Necrons but don't agree with
it. From my point of view the Slann and Necrons were always one. I
never kept up with the 40k happenings. I never knew there were
Necrons in 40k. For me they were as in NetEpic. Maybe I am just to
old and set in my ways but it doesn't bother me that a newcomer
might think the Slann and Necron together is silly. To me, and I
imagine to some, the others are silly. The whole "undead" type thing
doesn't appeal to me.

That said, I agree that they could be lifted out. I also agree that
there is room for the newer version of them. With a very slight
manipulitation of fluff both fit together.

Getting away from that..... As I think I have said before, I wasn't
ask to rewrite the book. I was ask to reformat and smooth it out for
NetEpic Gold. I have seperated the different sections which will
make it easier for someone to expand on it in the future. I have
tried to do a decent job with it but my health seems to be slipping
and would really like to finish this while I can.

I can use some of your photos. It seems in getting ready for the
move I had forgotten about them. If you can do the Temple Guard and
Kroxigor it would be good. Do you have andy group photos of
companies or armies?

I just recieved some new figs from EW for the vehicles. I need some
from DRM for the Necrons. Looking for different turret / weapons but
using same hulls. I will try to post some photos soon.

I hope some others also come around with some feedback.

Gary

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, Bruce Scott <B.Scott@...> wrote:

> Hi Gary,
>
> I think you've done an amazing job of the book so far. It looks
very
> professional even in it's "low bandwidth" version. I'll go
through it
> with a fine tooth comb later. However as a general comment for
list
> debate, I really think we should take this opportunity to lift the
Necrons
> out of the Slann/Dracon book and make them stand alone. While I'm
as
> happy as anyone to ignore bits of GW fluff, it is hard to ignore
something
> as fundamental as the fact that the Necrons and Slann are arch-
enemies. I
> know from very recent experience it kinda makes the Slann army
book look a
> little silly to newcomers to NetEpic. I ended up just giving said
> newcomer Gary's seperate Slann only working list when he wanted to
look at
> building a Slann army. The Necrons are certainly more than
powerful
> enough to work stand alone.
>
> Gary, I did some Exodus infantry photos for you early on, use 'em
if you
> want. Can still be found here ("Exodus Warrior" and "with
Conversion
> Beamer"):
>
> http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i106/zap123_photos/slann/
>
> I have some Kraytonian Bodyguards and some Irregular 10mm
Lizardmen so I