Re: [NetEpic ML] Digest Number 2005

From: Bruce Scott <B.Scott_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:49:28 +1000

Necron thingy wouldn't really a big deal for me or ours as we tend to play
pure anyway, but I am concerned by stuff that lowers people's opinion of
what is to my mind the very impressive body of work that is NetEpic. Maybe
people that think that Necrons and Slann as allies are silly, but they are
by far the majority, and I'd like some of them to come and play NetEpic.
Anyhoo.

I did do a full army photo of my True Slann here:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i106/zap123_photos/slannarmy2.jpg

I can send you an uncropped, uncompressed version if you need it too. My
superglue managed to set like a stone so I didn't get to glue up the Krox
and Temple Guard stands let alon paint them....will fix that tonight.

netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
21/04/2007 07:19 PM
Please respond to
"No Reply"<notify-dg-netepic_at_yahoogroups.com>

netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
cc

Subject
[NetEpic ML] Digest Number 2005

NetEpic Mailing List
Messages In This Digest (1 Message)
1a.
Re: Digest Number 2000 From: Gary
View All Topics | Create New Topic
Message
1a.
Re: Digest Number 2000
Posted by: "Gary" gary_clark1946_at_... gary_clark1946
Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:34 am (PST)
Hello Bruce,
Thanks for the encouragement.
I can see your point in lifting out the Necrons but don't agree with
it. From my point of view the Slann and Necrons were always one. I
never kept up with the 40k happenings. I never knew there were
Necrons in 40k. For me they were as in NetEpic. Maybe I am just to
old and set in my ways but it doesn't bother me that a newcomer
might think the Slann and Necron together is silly. To me, and I
imagine to some, the others are silly. The whole "undead" type thing
doesn't appeal to me.

That said, I agree that they could be lifted out. I also agree that
there is room for the newer version of them. With a very slight
manipulitation of fluff both fit together.

Getting away from that..... As I think I have said before, I wasn't
ask to rewrite the book. I was ask to reformat and smooth it out for
NetEpic Gold. I have seperated the different sections which will
make it easier for someone to expand on it in the future. I have
tried to do a decent job with it but my health seems to be slipping
and would really like to finish this while I can.

I can use some of your photos. It seems in getting ready for the
move I had forgotten about them. If you can do the Temple Guard and
Kroxigor it would be good. Do you have andy group photos of
companies or armies?

I just recieved some new figs from EW for the vehicles. I need some
from DRM for the Necrons. Looking for different turret / weapons but
using same hulls. I will try to post some photos soon.

I hope some others also come around with some feedback.

Gary

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, Bruce Scott <B.Scott_at_...> wrote:

> Hi Gary,
>
> I think you've done an amazing job of the book so far. It looks
very
> professional even in it's "low bandwidth" version. I'll go
through it
> with a fine tooth comb later. However as a general comment for
list
> debate, I really think we should take this opportunity to lift the
Necrons
> out of the Slann/Dracon book and make them stand alone. While I'm
as
> happy as anyone to ignore bits of GW fluff, it is hard to ignore
something
> as fundamental as the fact that the Necrons and Slann are arch-
enemies. I
> know from very recent experience it kinda makes the Slann army
book look a
> little silly to newcomers to NetEpic. I ended up just giving said
> newcomer Gary's seperate Slann only working list when he wanted to
look at
> building a Slann army. The Necrons are certainly more than
powerful
> enough to work stand alone.
>
> Gary, I did some Exodus infantry photos for you early on, use 'em
if you
> want. Can still be found here ("Exodus Warrior" and "with
Conversion
> Beamer"):
>
> http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i106/zap123_photos/slann/
>
> I have some Kraytonian Bodyguards and some Irregular 10mm
Lizardmen so I
> could mock up Temple Guard and Kroxigor stands over the weekend.
>
> Bruce

> netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
> 19/04/2007 07:47 PM
> Please respond to
> "No Reply"<notify-dg-netepic_at_yahoogroups.com>

> netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
> cc
>
> Subject
> [NetEpic ML] Digest Number 2000
>

> NetEpic Mailing List
> Messages In This Digest (1 Message)
> 1.
> Slann book for Netepic Gold From: Gary
> View All Topics | Create New Topic
> Message
> 1.
> Slann book for Netepic Gold
> Posted by: "Gary" gary_clark1946_at_... gary_clark1946
> Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:10 pm (PST)
> Ok guys,
> I finally came up with a way to post the book in one piece.
> I did each page as an image inserted into Word document then
> converted it to pdf. It is not as clear as I would like but at
least
> it is a smaller file size.
>
> I have no photos of Dracons. I hope someone is working on them
> somewhere. If you are please submit some photos.
>
> Exodus infantry is another area needing photos.

Back to top
Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity
 2
New Members
 4
New Files
Visit Your Group
3 series
Tv series
5 series
Warhammer 40k
Series 9
Video Games
Old School Games
Share and vote
on Bix.com!
Yahoo! News
Get it all here
Breaking news to
entertainment news
Yahoo! Movies
Up for a movie?
Check out the
new releases.
Need to Reply?
Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the
Daily Digest.

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch format
to Traditional