Last post about it...

From: Adam S. Demeter <asdemeter_at_...>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 14:43:16 -0000

...and then everyone needs to move on. I will NOT sit here and
conduct a continuing discussion about it. I deleted the posts that
had more to do with it, because quite honestly, it's starting to get
too ridiculous. You want to know what happened? Read the previous
ones. It's in black and white. I NEVER used the word "banned",
period. I don't care what you THINK I meant, I never said that. And
I am doing a job, a service...I check my e-mail several times a day,
and approve and reject people that want on the list all the time. If
they're spammers, they don't get on. If they aren't, they do. I
don't care what they post about Epic, or if they talk about the
weather...but spam is advertising, selling, bot-fed messages. When I
saw something that said to ignore it, BUT I didn't know what it said,
and what I could glean (my grandfather speaks Italian, I speak
Spanish to some degree) said it was from some sort of company.
Therefore he got a WARNING. I don't care how long he's been in the
group, and I had no idea. That's not the point. If I don't treat
everyone FAIRLY, then I'm the asshole anyway. So I said something.
It was short, it wasn't impolite and it was very frank. It even said
that it was the definition of spam, because I had a pretty good idea
it wasn't SUPPOSED to be spam...but I wanted to say something so that
it was out there.
Then this guy starts whining about it...don't ban me...I've been here
a long time. And I gave him ways he could have conducted his little
test WITHOUT me having any questions about it whatsoever...and then
THAT became a source of complaint and more whining, including a
complete fabrication, pulled out of thin air, that I said I
was "banning" someone.
Again...your lack of mastery of the English language is what's
creating this. You're reading some sort of feeling or tone in my
messages that was not there, or incorrect. So in the last post, I
said to just drop it, and we'll move on. The bottom line is that you
don't know WHAT I would have done if you'd been a real spammer, or
decided for some inane reason to become one. The "consequences"
could have been ANYTHING...but I've said it wasn't banning, and I
never SAID that it was banning, so you need to drop it. Period.
And as for the other guy defending him, who rattled your chain?
Whyever would you add to this? I've said that it's over, and that
everything's fine, just that the whining and complaining needs to
stop. If I explain myself, and what I've written COMPLETLEY backs up
what I'm saying, then why shouldn't I be taken at my word? And why
would you jump in to add to the confusion?

So, once and for all: no one's getting banned. No one was ever
getting banned. This was an overreaction on YOUR part, because if
you go back to the original post I made, and really just read it as
it is, you'll realize you read WAY to much into it. It simply says
to watch what the hell you're posting. That's it. So...watch what
you're posting. Make sure it's not some ad or a bunch of BS no one
wants to read. Truthfully, we don't HAVE anyone here who would do
that, anyway...so I just wanted to be sure. Also, accounts and
passwords DO get stolen...so my note was also a way of seeing what
would be done about it. But the response I expected was either
a, "Sorry, here's what happened..." or nothing at all. Not a
whining, complaining, accusatory, defensive post that made ME look
like the criminal for doing my job.

And if my posts are too long for you, it's because I HAVE to spell it
out, or you make up your own ideas as to what I said. Deal with it,
but I've left no stone unturned, because I want it made very clear,
and in print for anyone and everyone to see, just what the hell
happened here, before someone starts whining about that, too.

Now just leave it be. There's really nothing else to be said about
it. And I won't say anymore, either. The issue is dead. Move on.
Talk about why Tyranids are being put on the backburner by GW. I'd
love to hear why on that one. lol