Re: Warhammer 40k RPG?

From: Duo Maxwell <bloodcat_at_...>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 12:30:52 -0800 (PST)

Interesting that yall find out about it and its
cancellation at a time when Fantasy Flight Games just
made an announcement they are picking up the RPG lines
and GW boardgames that aren't miniatures centric.

As to simple RPGs being bad?

Those are the only kind I will play. Hero system, D&D
D20, AD&D, Rolemaster, or any other megacrunch games
are utterly despised by me. More rules slow an RPG
down and don't actually accomplish anything other than
making a game suck.

(WHFRP and Dark Heresy are middle detail systems.
Enough crunch to be meaty, but not enough to be a
chartfest.)

Of course, going TOO simple results in games like Epic
40,000, but too complicated results in Advanced Squad
Leader and Starfleet Battles.

Looking for last minute shopping deals?