Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: NetEpic licensing

From: Peter Ramos <pramos10_at_...>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 15:34:28 -0500

Hi!

Very interesting topic and VERY interesting questions.

Let me try to sort them out.

First, you can distribute netepic in any format, media or method to
ANYONE you'd like.

In other words you can e-mail it, burn it to a CD and send it or give a
print out to your friend. In that sense Netepic is totally community
oriented and open.

The lines in the introduction are meant to convey the following:

1. The rules uses GW trademark names without permission nor is any
challenge meant toward them.
2. The actual rules manifestation of netepic is owned by netepic
members. This means that some third party could not just take the rules
and make profit out of them. Then again, GW would be enough to deter
anyone thinking this since they'd purse their trademark names much more
vigorously.
3. Editable version available. Tricky one and in many cases depends on
the current editor. Some don't care, but some have. Originally the files
used to be in word, then we moved to PDF. Of course anyone is more than
welcome to use a PDF converter to obtain a editable text.
4. I would not consider editable templates to cause "too much
variation", since the "official" version of netepic is always available
at the site, so others made and posted could just "variant" to their
template and confusions avoided.

So in summary, as long as anyone gets the funny idea to print and
produce it for profit, I don't mind its reproduction and dissemination
by any method a person could desire.

Once Netepic Gold is available the desire for an open template may be
lessened due to the availability of a full color and illustrated book.

But in any event, I will look into the possibility of such a template
for general download and modification. I think it is a good idea to let
fans alter things to their liking.

Peter