Morale and Breakpoint for Companies, Detachments, etc.

From: jamescoplin <james_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 15:57:36 -0000

So, I'm confused about breakpoints and victory points for companies, detachments, and support cards.

First, assume I have a company a tactical Marines, which is 3 detachments of tactical marines and rhinos and 5 associated support cards.

If one of the detachments comes under heavy fire and hits its break point or is wiped out, does my opponent gets the victory points for breaking the detachment or does the whole company have to break? If the company subsequently breaks, do you get the victory points for the individual detachments you broke and the points for breaking the company? What happens to support cards that are fine? If the company breaks that they are supporting, are they also broken? I would really like to see a rewrite of this section of rules to clarify what actually happens.

Any help would be appreciated.

James